Sign in to follow this  
CW3SF

First flight w/ Track IR 5 today---YEA!

Not since I sat in the cockpit of a BT-13, long, long ago, have I seen what a real cockpit experience looks like.

Not the same of course, but better than the hat switch. Trying to work on fuel and oil smells, vibration, ( it was the" Vultee Vibrator" ) and G's -- but it is a true joy compaired to flying with the Track IR.

I sill have to work on the settings, but so far so good.

One quick question-- Did the real SE5 sound like a " dying washing machine" ?

CW3SF

Now, fly for 6 months or so, then try going back to just the hat switch. It will hurt! Close to having to fly with just a keyboard after using a joystick!

Where did you buy your Track IR 5, and how much did it cost? Is it hard to set up on your computer?

Thanks

Rich

I just picked up TIR4 from the Natural Point website for 99 US. It's a breeze to set up. About 5 minutes including the driver download. :salute:

It ain't hard to set up TrackIR, and you basically need to set only two command keys:

- re-center

- precision

Flying the sturdy Albatros, I never use "Precision", which is like stiffening up your neck

and body, to be able to aim and hit better (use it in the twitchy kites!).

Well, and "Re-center" will always center your forward view with only one knob pressed.

TrackIR is easy to set up, and easy to "learn" - all you need to do is to look where you

want to look. Don't think about HOW it works - it WILL work.

TrackIR's camera is not only sensitive to direct sunlight.

It may also show wrong reactions, when you have a window with sunlight behind your monitor,

and when you are wearing strong glasses, or glasses with no anti-mirror coating.

In these cases, a small dot of light - the reflected window in your glasses - may confuse the camera.

Edited by Olham