Hi All

On the Tornado F3 I am getting a white line down each wing pylon, is anyone else getting this? This is in SF2, DX9.

post-13430-022159100 1298847535.jpg

Cheers

Snapper 21

the part in question has no material assigned.In Series one games it's fine but in series 2 games it shows like that.I think editing out the part in question is the only way short of having the 3d model to fix that.

Yea, I'd say that....look closely at the .OUT file to see if there is that situation.

FC

Thanks Guys

Think I have found the offending lines,

RPylon (12 polys, 36 verts) 'ERROR: No material is assigned!'

LPylon (12 polys, 36 verts) 'ERROR: No material is assigned!'

not sure how to edit out those parts, I take it notepads not the best for this. Any simple instructions how to do this?

Thanks

Snapper 21

Other than outright deleting the pylons with a clever ini edit (which removes the pylon completely), I don't know if there is any solution.

FC

Thanks FC

Its not to big an issue, so will fly it as is. If I spent more time flying instead of looking around I wouldn't have noticed it.

Cheers

Snapper 21

ok I just found this out by accident.If you download the TornasoF3 AOP in the SF1 section and add it to SF2 the issue is not there.Also I used the .lod from the AOP to replace the .lod from the SF2 TornadoF3 and it resolved the issue with no APARENT problems.

Hi whiteknight06604

Thanks for the idea, gave it a try but still get the white lines. Can I ask what version of the game you are running? I have full combined install with exp1 and 2 to jan 2011 build.

Cheers

Snapper 21

Try this:

This is well known in the community and a very easy way of getting rid of unwanted meshes.

Add the following line to any aircraft component in the _DATA.ini (making sure the XXX's are the next number in sequence:

SystemName[XXX]=HideRPylon

SystemName[XXX]=HideLPylon

Then in the weapon station section add this:

[HideRPylon]

SystemType=WEAPON_STATION

StationID=X (Next number in sequence)

StationGroupID=7 (This makes sure it won't show up on your loadout screen and doesn't take up any usable weapon stations)

StationType=EXTERNAL

ModelNodeName=RPylon

[HideLPylon]

StationID=X

StationGroupID=7

StationType=EXTERNAL

ModelNodeName=LPylon

Dels

Thanks for the info dels.I tried something similar a while back and ended up with giant sidewinders and droptanks just hanging in open space near the plane.I'll try you numbers and see latter.Thanks again.

@Snapper21 I'm running SF2 Europe with EP2I'm pretty sure it's updated to your level.Maybe Some differences in grafix cards or settings. :dntknw: I havn't tried but Dels methode I have used many times in FE2 and have had nothing but sucsess so I would assume that this will work for you.

I gave it a go, addded the lines as follows

at the end of [Fuselage]

SystemName[021]=ECM

SystemName[022]=FuselageFuelCell5

SystemName[023]=FuselageFuelCell6

SystemName[024]=HideRPylon

SystemName[025]=HideLPylon

and at the end of the WEAPON STATIONS

[RightStationRear]

StationID=10

StationGroupID=4

StationType=EXTERNAL

AttachmentPosition=0.40,-0.95,-0.97

AttachmentAngles=00.0,0.0,45.0

LoadLimit=350

AllowedWeaponClass=AHM,SAHM

AttachmentType=UK,NATO,RAF

ModelNodeName=

PylonMass=

PylonDragArea=

LaunchRailNodeName=

MinExtentPosition=

MaxExtentPosition=

FuelTankName=

MovingPylon=FALSE

RotatingPylon=FALSE

[HideRPylon]

StationID=11

StationGroupID=7

StationType=EXTERNAL

ModelNodeName=RPylon

[HideLPylon]

StationID=12

StationGroupID=7

StationType=EXTERNAL

ModelNodeName=LPylon

Stlll getting the lines, maybe it is my graphics card.

Thanks for the help

Snapper 21

Ok, well in that case the mesh names must be incorrect. Have a look through the .OUT file and see if you can track down which ones they are by substituting them into the ModelNodeName= of the [HideXPylon] sections.

Good old trial and error.

Well i have that problem with the Tornado F3 too, Florians Tornados and Diegos O-1 series

look in the out file for the mest the has the error "material not assigned" that should be the mesh.As I said I tried it and got some really wierd effects like giant sidewinders and fuel tanks just floating in space.I'll try again and see if I made any errors.If I can I'll post a screenshot.Thanks for all the help Dels,I hope that you don't think we are unhappy with your work.White line or not it's truly a masterpiece. :salute:

Thanks for all the help Dels,I hope that you don't think we are unhappy with your work.White line or not it's truly a masterpiece. :salute:

Bobrock made this awesome model not me. I don't want to be taking credit for his work, I'm just offering some quick fixes.

Dels

maybe thats why I can't figure anything out...I'm too stupid to read a damn readme lol. I still have no whitelines after dropping the lod from the Tornado F.3AOP into the standard F3.Odd :dntknw:

Great mod. Love the F3 but is anyone having a problem where the gun isn't working? Am I being an idiot (very possible!) or do I need to add something somewhere?

I just grabbed the one out of the latest NATO Fighters pack. Works fine.