Sign in to follow this  
Javito1986

Last U.S. World War 1 veteran is dead...

A full parade dress salute, Frank Buckles. The guns of August have at last gone silent for you, rest in peace Sir.

A full parade dress salute, Frank Buckles. The guns of August have at last gone silent for you, rest in peace Sir.

:salute:

:salute:

I was reading about Mr. Buckles and some of the other old veterans (who all died before him) only last week and now I see he is gone too. Soon there will be nobody left from that fateful period of history. Let us never forget what happened in 1914-1918. R.I.P. :salute:

Mr. Buckles died, and with him, so did our last chance to show any American who saw the horrors of WWI that we appreciated the sacrifices they made by providing a national monument. I love my country, but I call that a failure on the part of every Administration since The Great War ended. I'm sorry we let you down Mr. Buckles. You and the rest of the Doughboys deserved better. May you rest in peace with your brothers in arms good sir.

Hellshade

He must have seen some shocking things then too being in the ambulance.

Salute to the old soldier.