Sign in to follow this  
Windquest

B17 Flying Fortress

Hi. Does anyone know where I can find more nose art for the game B-17 Flying Fortress The Mighty Eighth? I have gone to Bobcats site and found a few there. Bombs-Away use to have more nose art than any site I knew. I do not know what happened to the site and I can't find the nose art. I anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thank you

A Time Machine would be nice. So Far this game is the best WWII bomber simulation I have ever seen. I keep it because my Grandfather was one of 9-0-9's pilots but I am not sure when. I think it was either the 3rd or 4th crew.

Moffat Field? There's no mistaking that airship hangar!

Great pics!

wrench

kevin stein

I have a question about this game.

About 6-7 years ago a friend of mine gave me a copy he had found somehwere but no instructions. It was nice enough anyways to just fire it up and watch that demo showing a small formation flying along and under attack by the Luftwaffe.

I've recently been thinking of picking it up again (as i lost my copy a long time ago)knowing it's quite a challenge to fly. The one thing i want to know is if you can take a certain position and let the AI fly? Not only am i getting ready to revamp all of my computer gear and so won't be able to fly right for a long time, but i'd really love to experience a tour as a gunner.

you can fly in any of the positions and the auto pilot will fly the plane, never tried it letting the AI do the bombing. Yes you can mod the entire aircraft. I use the skins from the 95th BG, and all custom nose arts. There's clear glass mods, crew mods, even the briefing room has a mod for it. I would start with the B-A forums B-A FORUMS HERE then look at Joels HERE and probably the best place is Doc's place, he has pictures of all your targets we took when we flew the v7th Recon flights and you can even listen to a jukebox with period music, check it out Doc's v7th Recon

Thanks Dagger,

i'll put in an order for it tommorrow. Been flying WOE for so long that i've developed a serious urge for WW2 action.

no problem, this is the only single player game I truely enjoyed. and with the mods it got to be even better looking. it seemed to take forever to learn that darn norden bombsight,. I will look around my cds and see if I have a copy of the 381st skin, not sure but it rings a bell. I have the 95th in both alum. and OD. I even have the window mods. I'll check to see if I can contact some o fthe folks who did them and ask about hosting them here. A word of caution about that darn second patch, keep a watch on your engines, it was supposed to fix engine management issues, but all it did was make them worse, lots of smokers. oh yeah, here is a link to the manual if you get a copy that doesn't one, but most have it on the disc. MANUAL and here is the key cards, you have to scroll down a bit key cards and for some great screenshots to go with a very good review look at these good review.

Oh yeah, and remember the Square B Lives forever!

Edited by Dagger

Here is the Square B

Sample_Plane.jpg

Three positions i would love to try...

Top turret gunner, navigator and bombardier. I've been checking the links and it looks like the Norden is going to be one heck of a challenge to learn right.