Sign in to follow this  
cianw1

what do you think of this computer?

http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=PRODCATEGORYVIEWPAGE&USG=APPLICATION&ENT=APPLICATION&KEY=842206&x=1

this is laptop im thinking of getting(one on left). how well do you think it will run WOX series and series2? also what setting do you think it could run arma2 on?

im going to sell my laptop to afford this new one, but howmuch do you think a 2nd hand macbook pro 17" is worth? it has 1.98gb RAM - 250gb 7200rpm HDD.

What graphics card does your MBP have in it? The newer ones come with the NVIDIA 310M, and if that's the case, it would probably be cheaper just to add more RAM to your MBP.

I am also in the process of going from a MacBook (not pro) with intel graphics to a better "gaming" laptop. Here is the thread I've started. Some of the info may be helpful for you:

http://combatace.com/topic/63108-getting-a-new-laptop/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1

I've been looking at laptops for a while, and have concluded that anything with an integrated graphics card (which the 310M is) is not worth the money if I'm trying to improve gaming performance. That doesn't mean it won't run SF2 (my intel x3100 chipset runs SF2 just fine on a combination of low, med, and high settings). That's why it would be helpful to know what your switching from and how much of an improvement you want.

You could proberbly run SF2 on medium to high settings depending on the situation ingame.

Arma2, low to medium. Arma 2 is a hard pill to swallow even for most stationary computers.

the thing i need to know most is howmuch the macbook pro is worth because that will define howmuch i have to spend on a new computer. if i have enough i will get this

My link (left)

or a desktop of MESH. i would prefer a new laptop really so i can use it for scoial when watching TV.

also which of the laptops is better in your opinions? because not always higher the price better the product. the alienware is more expensive but may not be better. if the alienware is better what settings will it run SF and ARMA2 on? also is ARMA1 easyer to run than arma2? thanks

My guess would be to check ebay and craigslist and look for what other people are selling their similar MBP's for. I'm sure you'll find a dozen listings easy, although on ebay you'll have to watch and wait for the bidding to end to see what they go for.

i checked ebay but they vary quite a bit, which is why i posted here with some of the specs.