Sign in to follow this  
Florian

Shooting at Frankfurt airport

This afternoon a shooting happened inside an US Armed Forces "Greyhound" bus at one of the terminals at Frankfurt airport in Germany.

Police arrested a suspect from Kosovo.

"Spiegel online source"

In television they say the bus driver and one occupant are dead, two more injured. Possibly the bus driver is a german guy, as i know those buses are usually not driven by military personal, but often german contractors.

My sincerest condolences to the families of the victims! :salute:

Some of my fellow Airmen.......glad they caught the bastard. They are saying he is a Kosovo national.

:salute:

Grateful guy indeed. "Thanks for saving us from the serbs, but you are Satan, so..."

Some of my fellow Airmen.......glad they caught the bastard. They are saying he is a Kosovo national.

Sorry for loss of lives...too bad. Do you remember our conversation some time ago? About the knife in back? There ya go, sadly.

Sorry for loss of lives...too bad. Do you remember our conversation some time ago? About the knife in back? There ya go, sadly.

Sure do and I see what you mean....

Although he was from Kosovo..that doesn't mean there was a political motive...He might just be a nutjob

Heard about this one through several sources. Sucks; most sincere condolences to the families. :salute:

Although he was from Kosovo..that doesn't mean there was a political motive...He might just be a nutjob

Agree, better wait for more information before start calling names.

My condonlences for the familes of those who died.

wonder if he was a Serbian Kosovar, as the Albanian ones couldnt show us enough how much they loved us when i was there. course that was in 2000 very shorly after KFOR got started so i cant speak on how it changed.

as for the so called stab in the back i do remember being on a field problem in Germany 2 weeks after 9/11 and was listening to AFN on someones boombox(hey bein a cook aint all bad) anyhow the guy fillin in for Rush Limbaugh pointed out that the majority of american military actions in the 90s were in support of muslim peoples (Bosnia, Kosovo, the start of Somalia not the finish). he finished his statement by saying how did they repay us?

Derk

In german news radio "Deutschlandfunk" was said, that the assassin was an muslemic kosovan albanian. Al Quaida connections are possible.

They weren't just airmen, they were Security Forces personel... my careerfield. Two SF troops were injured (unknown how serious) and the bus driver was killed. The only reason why the guy was caught was because one of the SF members chased after him and tackled him... unarmed! We were told about it in our guardmount on Wednesday. Ironically, this incident comes during the middle of our active shooter training at my base.

guy that did it was muslim Albanian Kosovar, buuuuuut has lived in germany for last forty years. evidently didnt feel as grateful as the albanians that lived in kosovo for the last forty years.

@ server... way to go AF MPs! you guys been showin you alls stuff since these two adventures in the desert began, as evidenced by all the trips out the wire my Security Force friends would take in Iraq 05. but goin after a gunman unarmed?! i say hooah!

guy that did it was muslim Albanian Kosovar, buuuuuut has lived in germany for last forty years. evidently didnt feel as grateful as the albanians that lived in kosovo for the last forty years.

The assassin was 21. Its impossible that he lived 40 years in Germany. I think you mean 14.