Sign in to follow this  
ianh755

How to create MER/TER for EOGB?

Hi all, is there anyway to make a MER/TER for EOGB weapons? I can make them for BOMB/LGB/EOGR etc by using the Weapons Editor but can't find anything for EOGB's. I'm trying to add Triple racks for the GBU-31 500lb JDAM but I'm hitting this problem.

Many Thanks.......................................................IanH

Edited by ianh755

I don't think you can. I think FastCargo got around it with the SDB's he made was by making them guided missiles without boosters or engines and so the rack was a TLR.

Dels

Have you tried adding "LGB" to that staion's AllowedWeapons= listing? Since that's the store type....

A quick look at any Data ini for post-mid-1960s style aircraft will easily confirm this (ie: like any USAF Phantom, fer example, F-4D and later). Also covered in one of the weapons editing threads in the 1stGen KB)

It's NOT the rack, but the AIRCRAFT hardpoint. MERs and TERs don't care what the bomb is, as long as it's a bomb (Mavericks excepted; since those are missiles, and use TLR)

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

No you can't.. however you can do that via the loadout.ini as one time I was able to put two GBU-38s on a 2BR rack one time.

Wrench - I've already got my Pylon carrying GBU-12/10 LGB's on both a TER and MER but EOGB's still won't use them (checked TER/MER for size/weight etc they can carry etc, everything's good).

Dels - Cheers mate, I think I'll use FC's SDB "cheat" and create new JDAMS with a 0sec booster/engine (making them gravity EOGR's) have them use TLR's which'll then rack up OK.

Right, after a lot of faffing about I've got it all sorted. I used FC's SDB cheat idea as a starter but ran into some problems straight away.

1. You can't make a Normal CBU/Bomb (which uses a TER/MER) into a Guided bomb as it changes the type to EOGB automatically.

2. You can't alter a EOGB (bomb) into a EOGR (missle) as there's no booster/engine etc.

So as a work around I did the following

Copy the GBU-40 SDB II and paste into it all the GBU-38 500lb JDAM info (size/weight/model/warhead etc) and rename it to GBU-38 *** and change the booster/engine figures to 0. When saved this only creates the .ini files but there's no model files yet so, after finding the original GBU-38 folder I copy and pasted the model .LOD and texture into the new GBU-38 *** folder. After a quick test it works however the TLR itself sits too low on the pylon of the TRS2 GR7 I'm testing it on (about 1ft gap) so the GBU models don't sit on the pylon yet (need to check other A/C or alter the TLR attachment point).

I also made a TLR MER (6 missiles) as normally a TLR is only 3 missiles just to see how easy it was by doning the same procedure I used for the JDAM's and it works really well.

2. You can't alter a EOGB (bomb) into a EOGR (missle) as there's no booster/engine etc.

So? Not a big deal. Just like my SDBs, give them zero thrust for an infinite length of time with no effects. Works like a champ.

FC

So? Not a big deal. Just like my SDBs, give them zero thrust for an infinite length of time with no effects. Works like a champ.

FC

I didn't explain that very well, I'm using the Editor to do this and the EOGB screen looks completely different to the EOGR screen as it has no "Propulsion data" area to add any booster etc like you suggest. Only if you create an EOGR from scratch does that info appear so you can edit it to 0 which, like you suggested, is what I did.

EOGB

eogb.jpg

EOGR

eogr.jpg

As you can see there's nowhere to add engine data to a normal EOGB, although thinking about it I could have just edited the .ini direct (maybe hit & miss with my editing skills - see the IIR guided JDAM info above :no: ).

Edited by ianh755

Leave the propulsion data alone. Save it, load it, test it.

I would use an already made EOGR, copy and rename it, then edit the _DATA.ini file as required.

Dels