Sign in to follow this  
Tracker

Alouette III - Armada Argentina

Alouette III - Armada Argentina

Alouette III - Argentine Navy:

Veteran and legendary helicopter. Served with the Argentine Navy until December 2010.

Cheap, simple and highly versatile, it's place on the force won't be easily filled.

Included with the file is Readme with instructions, please read it.

Note: The AI has trouble controlling the aircraft, but anyway, most of the time this choppers operated alone.

Enjoy!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alouette III - Armada Argentina:

Helicóptero legendario dentro de la fuerza. Sirvión con la Armada Argentina hasta su retiro definitivo en Diciembre de 2010.

Barato, simple y altamente versátil, su lugar en la fuerza no va a ser fácilmente ocupado.

Incluido con los archivos hay un LEAME, por favor, léanlo.

Nota: La IA tiene problemas controlando el aparato, pero de todas maneras, estos helicópteros operaban en solitario la mayor parte del tiempo.

¡¡Disfrútenlo!!

• Like 1

Gracias Tracker !!!!!!!!!!

Hi All

thanks a lot Tracker for this beautiful chopper, i have a little request :this: , i made a quick conversion (mostly weapons) to sf2, do you allow me to post it in the dedicated section ? Thx in advance

Regards

Thank you all for your comments, hope you enjoy it!!!

I had written a detailed readme explaining how to use the helicopter and details on how to operate in different versions of the sim (pre2008 patch, 2008, and SF2 series). Sadly, I accidentally deleted those files, so finally upload the model with basic readme and tuned for use in 2008 versions of the sim.

For SF2 series it wasn't big deal, I guess that changing folder of some files (textures) and adding a line for destroyed model was enough.

For pre-2008 versions I have a shadow, but some FM tuning was required.

Anyway, feel free to use it, mod it, share it, and wathever else you think it's goood for you, as long as you share it for free ($) and make sure of write the credits somewhere (at least the original author).

In short: Galoub, you are good to go!

Saludos!!!

Thank you all for your comments, hope you enjoy it!!!

I had written a detailed readme explaining how to use the helicopter and details on how to operate in different versions of the sim (pre2008 patch, 2008, and SF2 series). Sadly, I accidentally deleted those files, so finally upload the model with basic readme and tuned for use in 2008 versions of the sim.

For SF2 series it wasn't big deal, I guess that changing folder of some files (textures) and adding a line for destroyed model was enough.

For pre-2008 versions I have a shadow, but some FM tuning was required.

Anyway, feel free to use it, mod it, share it, and wathever else you think it's goood for you, as long as you share it for free ($) and make sure of write the credits somewhere (at least the original author).

In short: Galoub, you are good to go!

Saludos!!!

Thanks a lot mate, it's very kind.. :good:

• Dislike 1

Great Model!!

Just a question, when I try to fly it...it is almost imposible to handle it. Any help to make it easier to fly?

Mono:

1 - Remember that your engine push you up, not forward as in a normal aircraft. So, you need to apply a bit of nose down for gain horizontal speed.

2 - Watch your RPM, most of the time it's not convenient to fly at full throtle, because you need to apply too much nose down to compensate the vertical velocity. I guess that something around 70 - 85% is enough (depending on the loadout).

3 - Be gentle with the controls, it's easy to loose control if you pull the stick too hard.

Don't try high bank rolls nor another acrobatic maneuvers: keep yourself in a smooth fly envelope.

4 - At low speeds or near to stationary, the momentum of inertia is high, but it's slow too, so you'll find your controls less responsive under this circumstances: apply smooth corrections and wait the helicopter to response before pulling hard. Otherwise, you'll find yourself in some kind of pendulous movement wich will end in a disaster.

If none of this tips help you, try reducing the difficulty level in your options: I normally fly at HARD, and the FM was modelled in this mode. But, as I'm far from being an expert in helicopters fly envelopes, I tuned the FM at taste, wich I'm sure is very inaccurate.

Hope it helps you Mono!!!

Saludos!

Thank you for the tips Tracker!! I am going to try to fly it again.

Thank you! :good: