hello

Regarding the F-104S mod pack http://combatace.com/files/file/10940-f-104s-mod-pack/ by Spillone104

How can I edit the files in order to view the changes that come within the F-104S xxx mod folder? At the time my external views are of F-104G without the antennas, ECM dispensers and the finns of the S versions... Briefly, how should I use the mods folders in order to turn a 104G in a 104S?

Sound like it wasn't installed properly.

I'd delete the mod, READ THE README, and try again. Obvioulsy, a step got missed somewhere (like either weapons or 'pilot-parts' not installed)

and since it's a 1stGen mod, you'll have to do some 'conversions' of the weapons to bring them to SF2 standards

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

I tried to copy again the entire folders tree from the downloaded package but I still have the same problem. The aircraft viewed with the external camera it's a simple F-104G without the S-mod files. I didn't find problem withweapons or something else... simply the plane is a 104G and not a 104S. Should I try to merge in some way the INI files of the 104G with the INI mods files for the 104S?

Should I try to merge in some way the INI files of the 104G with the INI mods files for the 104S?

No.

you're not reading what I wrote....

and since it's a 1stGen mod, you'll have to do some 'conversions' of the weapons to bring them to SF2 standards

you see all those f-104s **** mod folders? THOSE are the plyon/ventral strake sets. They will ALL be needing conversion to SF2 standards, as they are used IF they are being usedweapon, mounted TO the aircraft via data ini edits adding them as a 'new' station (as was originally done 7 years ago, when first released.) Instructions for converting weapons are in the SF2 KNowledge Base.

***unless, as appears to be the case, the pylon/strake pakcages are being used as a 'pilot seat', then -yet again -- you'll have to be rewriting THEIR individual ini to make them into pilot seats, as yet again, SF2 handles pilots and pilot seats differently. A quick look at the data inis of the aircraft will confirm this***

(There's also a really good ASA-M, with upgraded cockpit, with full, Working HUD by me in the 1stGEn downloads section ... but, again, you'll have to convert the "f104s" pylons object/weapon to sf2 standards)

AND ... since SF2 handles droptanks in a completly different way (NOT a seperate LOD, but built into the aircraft itself), you'll have to take ALL those drop tanks (expecially the skins FOR each tank) match them to the aircraft skins for each and everone of the versions in the package, and upconvert/repaint/tweek/pullhair/etc to get the associated with the correct skins.

So, you got a LOT of work ahead to upconvert this for SF2. Maybe a PM to Spillone is order, to see if it's something HE might want to take on???? Admittedly, the 'readme' contained in the package is NOT clear on what needs to be done, other than saying to drop everything in -- which don't exactly work in SF2, WITHOUT the necessary edits to the various 'pilots'.

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench