Sign in to follow this  
csb

MiG 29G is not aggressive!

I have installed the MF MiG 29G which was recently converted to SF2 standard by dast24.

However, they rarely fire missiles at enemy.

I don't have a weapons pack installed so I edited the loadout to 6 X AA-8.

The MiGs have the missiles but in a flight of 8 a/c only about 3 missiles total will be fired.

They do chase enemy but rarely fire missiles. AND I just realised I have never seen them fire guns.

It doesn't matter if I am in command of the flight or if they are all AI controlled.

I also have the MF MiG 29A which I converted to SF2 myself and it is the same - no aggression.

I fly SF2(June2010) with little modding - updated Desert terrain, cloud mod, addon a/c.

No weapons pack because it creates armament lists, in the loadout screen, that are tooooo long.

Edited by csb
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Perhaps it's because they some how knew that you'd post about them in the wrong forum? :blink::grin::rofl:

I would laugh with you but, first, why is this wrong forum?

I would laugh with you but, first, why is this wrong forum?

You originally posted it on the SFP1 boards. I've since moved it to where it belongs.

If you have the Weapon pack the Migs get much more aggressiv they fire guns and shoot with archer and alamo´s

the AA-8 isn´t such a good missile and the range is bad. if you dont want to install weaponpacks you have to add the GSH301 by your self as gun.

did you add the advanced AI sections to the Flucrumbs data ini?? (the various listing for Dogfight Novice/Experinced/Ace/whatever)

AND, I would DEFINATELY add the correct weapons, and reedit the loadout ini. I'll also bet that there's might be something 'off' in the avionics and/or detect systems. But not having it in front of me, I can't say for certain.

wrench

kevin stein

Yes, added the AI components - copied from an F4 but it didn't improve. Perhaps I'll try another a/c.

I'll also check over the detect system.

Thanks dast but the gun works ok when I'm piloting.

The AA-8 is ok and suitable for me because:

In my SF world, I only allow IR missiles to be carried - makes for close quarters combat!

The a/c seem to all converge into a smaller area which makes things really hairy . . . more near misses!

Craig,

the various ini are perfectible, for sure, and with the "right" parameters, the Mig-29 can be a real PITA for its opponent, but before perverting the aircraft, what is the Skill Level of your Fulcrum's jockeys?

did you add the advanced AI sections to the Flucrumbs data ini?? (the various listing for Dogfight Novice/Experinced/Ace/whatever)(...)

Wrench,

you mean that the various [Dogfight***] parameters from the AIRCRAFTAIDATA.INI can also be defined in the aicraft's _data.ini file?

Edit: Well, it seems so since the SPITFIRE9E_DATA.INI have such entries in it! It's very nice! High five!

Edited by FrankD

FrankD, not sure what is Skill Level because I have left Ai components out.

I would not think Skill level would matter. Would "poor" affect aggression this much?

Some of the other addon a/c I have do not have the AI components and are very aggressive:

F16

Su35

Mig31

F14A

Gripen

The Skill Level I'm talking about is the parameter one can change in the mission editor.

Usual OPFOR nations are crap by default (talking about the "PilotTrainingStandard" parameter in the Nations.ini), so setting them to Excellent in the mission Editor couldn't hurt (well, in fact, that's we hope for)

mission3.jpg

I've got a Mig-29 9.12B (export to real stranger, meaning even non Warsaw Pact, version) mod I'm working on and it's really aggressive, while constrained by realistic (read: taken from the Pilot's notes) limits, so I'm gonna check it against the Mig mod you referred to and will post my suggestions.

By the way, the "Sound" folder included in this have to be renamed to plural, "Sounds", to make it work.

PS: there are [AIData] parameters in teh _data.ini already, just above the [Fuselage] section. Check that you ain't have it twice.

Edit: Well, the [DetectSystem] section if, as far as I know, clearly outdated. Here is what I would suggest (if it does fit your tastes, simply paste it over the section that is in your _data.ini file)

[DetectSystem]
ReferenceName=N019E Rubin
RadarType=AIR_INTERCEPT
RadarFamilyName=Topaz
RangeUnit=KM
RadarAzimuthLimit=60
RadarElevationLimit=60
RadarSearchTime=1.0
RadarSearchRange=150
RadarSearchStrength=100
RadarTrackTime=9.0
RadarTrackRange=70
RadarTrackStrength=100
VisualBlindArc=5L,6,7L
RadarSearchFreq=10.5
RadarTrackFreq=10.5
RadarMissileGuidanceFreq=10.5
RadarSearchCW=FALSE
RadarTrackCW=FALSE
RadarMissileGuidanceCW=TRUE
VisualRestrictedArc=4L,8L
MaxVisibleDistance=18520.0
BaseRCSModifier=1.2
DopplerLookdown=True
HasRWR=TRUE
//SPO-15
RWRMinFreq=2.0
RWRMaxFreq=10.4
RWRCanDetectCW=TRUE

The major differences are the RWR (the AI had none in the mod), Unit (now in Km, not sure it does really matter but now it matches the avionics), Frequencies, RadarFamilyName (mostly for other to see you on their RWR), Visual restrictions...

There are many other changes I would apply, but as far as for the AI's awareness, that should be enough.

Edited by FrankD

Well, military aggression got a bit out of fashion here in Germany, so your MiGs are behaving quite perfectly. :lol:

Thanks Frank.

I don't have expansion so no editor.

Yes, the AIData is there and is not doubled.

I will try your edit for Detectsystem soon and post outcome.

Just the sound of the words "Achtung" and "Mark Schnell" sound quite aggresive to me. :salute:

Edited by csb

WGermany's PilotTrainingStandard is set to "NORMAL" by default.

Good luck csb

Just the sound of the words "Achtung" and "Mark Schnell" sound quite aggresive to me. :salute:

It's just a language thing. You wouldn't expect the soft speaking french to have a badass Foreign Legion just from the sound of the language... ;)

P.S: Mark Schnell is a name, not a command. It's "Mach schnell!".

The edit for DetectSystem fixed the problem.

Thanks Frank and all for help.

Mark Schell is now my German pilots name and he is anything but default NORMAL!

hm okay. so i will add the detect system changes to all other mig29´s, if this is the solution.

after that i will send the mig29a pack out for release.

Be advised that by applying the following parameters as is:

MaxVisibleDistance=18520.0
BaseRCSModifier=1.2

the aircraft will seen at up to 18 520m and the RCS of the aircraft is multiplied 1.2 time.

I would recommend that you check the default settings and modify the two parameters accordingly as these values are taken from a normalized environment. grin.gif

Edited by FrankD