Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

new graphic card and EAW will not work anymore

My old graphic card is gone over the jordan. So i got a new one. Its a Radeon HD4650. With this card my EAW does not work anymore. Has someone an idea, how to fix it?

Hi,

Try compatibility modes. Some things don't work with new hardware/software.

Also try updating the card's drivers. The ones provided with it are normally obsolete.

Check out the EAW forum on SIMHQ. There have been massive updates to the game that include fixes for a variety of video card issues.

Hi Gepard,

which version of EAW are you flying mate ?.... generally the latest 1.28E exe works quite well with most cards but we also use brothersoft's 'd3dwindower' program to fly with cards that give problems, it is a great little program that lets you fly in a windowed mode that seems to resolve a lot of graphics card issues. Get it here :

http://www.brothersoft.com/d3dwindower-238977.html

if you choose that route check out SimHQ and search for 'd3dwindower' for setting it up.

cheers,

Pobs

Edited by Pobs

I use EAW 1.28E. The intro comes perfect, but if the real game want to start i get a strange green screen and the game hangs up itself.

It does sound like a video driver problem, try that windower program, it works pretty well with these type of problems.

cheers,

Pobs

I'm to stupid to get it running. Thats sad. EAW is my big old love.

Gepard,

Try playing iwth the Anti aliasing and anisotropic filtering values, EAW does not control these so if they are set to 'software controlled' in your setup they arent being used. I know that changing these from 8xS and 8x repsectively on my Geforce card causes all sorts of weird stuff graphically ingame.

You might try asking over at simHQ we have people playing with most types of cards now...

cheers,

Pobs

After hundrets of attempts i got EAW to showing up. I made it with d3dwindower, but also without it.

I got the mainscreen, was able to see the videos and the plane discriptions, the mission selection screen and the options screen, but when i tried to fly a mission i got CTD.

After hundrets of attempts i got EAW to showing up. I made it with d3dwindower, but also without it.

I got the mainscreen, was able to see the videos and the plane discriptions, the mission selection screen and the options screen, but when i tried to fly a mission i got CTD.

Have you tried a glide-wrapper, such as Zeckensachs and run it in glide? Perhaps you could try the EAW section at SimHQ, where they are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Hi Gep,

OK we are getting somewhere at least :)

at what stage in the flight selection process do you get the ctd ? one common problem is 'impossible' saved missions using impossible combinations of targets, planes and homebases from one scenario to another, this will screw up the start of the mission, try going into the savegame folder and delete any missions to let it use the defaults, that may help.

cheers,

Pobs

I just contacted Gepard and a new monitor fixed the problem.

We have no idea why or how.

:smile: Jel