Sign in to follow this  
dhasdell

Returning to the Fold

After a false start a year or so ago I have been getting back into First Eagles, but I am stuck with adding weapons. I know it involves SFP1E, but when I try to extract a file using it I get an error message: Error accessing external object property filename. Is this because I have moved to WIndows 7, do you suppose?

If I upgrade to FE2, how exactly is it better? Will my old FE addons still work, and will it get round the problem with adding weapons?

As far as I can remember, all my FEG stuff (Add-ons) work just fine with FE2. As for the weapons, You'll need to get the latest "Weapons Editor" from Thirdwire as a free download and the "Gun Editor". The editors create DAT files for the game to use when you alter the original files. FE2 is much better if you're able to use DirectX10 or 11. Lots of graphic enhancments. FM's are better too. I original installed FE2 into my older windowsXP and didnt really have too many problems. But now I have Windows7 64bit and FE2 is great. I'm waiting for a possible patch from TW. But not sure if thats going to happen. Somethings could use some tweaking as far as gameplay goes. But I love FE2.

BTW I think you can download the Editors here at CA as well in the FE download section. Make sure you download the right ones. FE and FE2 use different editors I believe.

It has been so quiet here for the last month and a half. Hmmm. not good. I've been away for personal reasons but I'll be up and running again with lots of new sknins in a couple of weeks