Sign in to follow this  
carrick58

Most popular Movie theme

Name your most popular Movie Music. ( 2 Choices please)

1. 633 sgn By Goowin

2. The Sea Hawk by Erich Wolfgang Corngold

I'm with you... 633 squadron is a wonderful piece...but my all time favourite is......

Such Drama...and even if you didn't know which film it was...you'd picture Pirates in your head I bet!?.... Hans Zimmer at his best

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttQjm-8OITE

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

duel of the fates

everything from battlestar galactica

gladiator

The Indiana Jones one as well the James Bond 007 series.

1. Soundtrack for "Gladiator"

2. Soundtrack for "L.A. Crash" (listen until the singing - it's overwhelming)

Edited by Olham

Okay mine are :-

The Great Escape :-

Always listened to on a Friday night when leaving work...

And for those moments when you just have to get Sci Fi on someone...

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Also anything done by John Williams... the genius

A Bridge Too Far would have to be my second choice Mike! Good call sir.

Hellshade

Have to go with the Captain. Conan the Barbarian is my all time favourite. It p****s me off that Howard Shore's Lord of The Rings theme gets so much airtime and Basil Pouledouris hardly any, his score for CtB knocks spots off Shore's effort IMHO. Good to see The Hunt for Red October above, that's another of Basil's. A much under-appreciated composer, I think.

Number 2 is the soundtrack from 'Still Crazy'. Great film (my second all time favourite after Shawshank) , great laughs, great music.

Only 1 for me.........

"Chase" from Midnight Express

And then I remembered THIS...

Edited by Nightshade/PR

Naaaa, na, na, na, nananana, naaaa, na, na, na, na, nananana....... Dambusters.

I quite like the soundtrack to the Bourne Supremacy too. "It's easy. She's standing right beside you". Classic.

Also like Hans Zimmer, mostly for Gladiator, but his name keeps cropping up when I hear something and wonder who wrote it.... Except sometimes it's Zimmer, sometimes Zimmerman. (Zimmer is correct, Zimmerman's an Architect).

OT, did you know that the haunting voice which runs as a theme throughout Gladiator was Lisa Gerrard, and that after Gladiator she was contacted by Denez Prigent, and the two of them worked together on the very different but equally haunting 'Gortoz a ran - J'attends' which runs as a theme through Black Hawk Down, another cracking Ridley Scott Film with a Zimmer score.

Very different sounds, but both grab you the same way and add layer after layer to their respective films, but curiously, they are harder to listen to as music without the film. Weird.

Lord of the Rings has it's moments too, soprano/castratti moments, but lets not go there....

I don't know how to show the movie music as you guys did because I'm computer stupid.

That said my favorite WW2 war movie and theme is 12 O'Clock High

My second favorite movie theme is a spaghetti western The Good,Bad and the Ugly.

I only watch movies for entertainment, if I have to think to understand it, I'll never watch it twice.

I don't know how to show the movie music as you guys did because I'm computer stupid.

That said my favorite WW2 war movie and theme is 12 O'Clock High

My second favorite movie theme is a spaghetti western The Good,Bad and the Ugly.

I only watch movies for entertainment, if I have to think to understand it, I'll never watch it twice.

No Sweat, TSmoke you dont need to post Utube vids to get along Here.

No Sweat, TSmoke you dont need to post Utube vids to get along Here.

No secret TSmoke.

To make link you need to write the following sentence, nothing clever, just type it in as text but pay attention to the symbols.

Start off with a bracket [

Then Type YouTube.

Close the bracket.

That should look like [Youtube]

Thats the first part done, called the opening stanza. Next, you take the complete address for the youtube film you want to link. Include the www. bit. Usually I just right click the whole address bar, copy and paste. Be careful here - One thing to watch is that you link the correct page. If you see something like +feature related, or search, or querie or something, that means you're not linking to an actual film but a search result, which includes the film you want, but more besides. For example -

is fine, but http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cfs3+lancaster&aq=f won't work. It links to more than one video. Get it?

So, you now have your opening stanza, your youtube link, all you have to do now is your closing stanza, which is the same Youtube text in an other pair of brackets, with one additional symbol. Type [ then type forward slash / then youtube, then close the brackets.

I can't type the actual text or it wouldn't appear, so instead of brackets I shall type *.

*YouTube*http:the link address*/Youtube*

Job done. Or should be... Is that clear enough to follow?

Flyby, that seems to be the hard way.

I just find the clip I want, select the whole address, press Ctrl+C to copy the entire thing. Then go to the post message in the forum, select "insert media" and press Ctrl+V to paste it into the Media URL box. Click Insert media and you're done.

There is even an easier way...

I just copy paste the url from You Tube to the post and that's it...

TSmoke, you simply need to go to YouTube or other video channels, find the desired video,

click it, and when the video appears in the play window (it doesn't need to run), you copy the

address line of it, which your browser is showing in the top frame, and insert it into your post.

That's all.

Stupidity may often be natural, but I guess, you only suffer from a lack of knowledge.

The latter can be overcome.

:cool:

Edited by Olham

Clearly my knowledge is a bit out of date too, but thanks for the advice guys.