Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Video of Libyan Mig getting it's ass kicked

Wow. Doesn't look like he was shot down...looks like turbine failure or a bird ingestion. There are no tracers or SAM trails that I can see, and no flack puffs unless it was all small arms fire. Looks like the pilot didn't have a good day! :cool:

I was thinking the same. Absolutly no AAA tracers to be seen and it looks a bit high for small arms fire unless a whole bunch of people happened to be shooting at just the right spot for the golden BB to strike.

Edited by Lt. James Cater

Yeah..plenty of gunfire...in the first few seconds, if you look closely...there's a small puff of smoke comes out his tailpipe...dunno if thats when the damage is done?

I think that the small arms fire at the beginning could have damaged the oil supply to the engine and cause a delayed malfunction.

BTW Did any of you see the pilot punch out?

Wow its amazing how the jet actually just loses lift and drops to the ground like a leaf. Never thought that was possible. I always thought it would like glide down.

You think a MiG-23 with it's wings swept back is meant to glide? Is an F-4 supposed to glide?

You think a MiG-23 with it's wings swept back is meant to glide? Is an F-4 supposed to glide?

Its an edited video of clips or just a collection of the different recordings-there's aplenty left out that could show when exactly he was hit. On a side note, The MiG-23, although not high G rated, is a pretty tough bird. It was a daytime engagement as well and the tracers wouldnt show up as bright.

Wow its amazing how the jet actually just loses lift and drops to the ground like a leaf. Never thought that was possible. I always thought it would like glide down.

If you get asymmetric lift, all kinds of funky things can happen :good:

It was shot down by rebels. They are not a regular army. Maybe they have very limited tracers supply and are firing without them.