Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

Cool!

Although it started out a little shaky, the new site is really cool. Specifically, the little things that keep poping up is great. For example, I just found that when you get a new pm, it doesn't just give you a notice like the old board, it puts the new pm above the forum. Very cool!

Oh yeah, and did I mention the smilies rock? :biggrin::crazy::stinker::haha:

That PM must have been from me...hehe

<C>

Fates

I'm glad you guys like the upgrade. :victory:

So, it's probably not a good time to mention that I'm currently considering a switch from InvisionBoard to vBulletin. :tomato: Things have got pretty bad in the IVB community the past week or two. Previously, IVB has always had an unlimited free trial for their software. Unfortunately, things have suddenly changed, they pulled the 2.0 files, and it is now a pay-only forum. That in and of itself is not bad, but they horrible way they changed things, along with a lot of other political wrangling at the company forums, IVB has managed to piss of pretty much all the modding and skinning community to the point they are all leaving in droves to vBulletin3.

Of course, I payed for a year license just before all this happened. :rolleyes: I had considered vBulletin before the switch, but at the time felt it wasn't worth switching. But in light of recent events, I'm SERIOUSLY considering the option now. vB has a converter from IVB 2.0 to the latest vBulletin, so we would lose nothing. What we would gain is a very vibrant dev/mod community in vBulletin, as well as a way to integrate the forum to the website (There's a bridge to enable single signon).

I'm currently weighing the options and will post as I have more info. Sorry for all the changes guys, but I think you will like what we end up with.

Well, since you've already payed for the year of IVB, you might as well get what you payed for. But then again, your money, your choice :)

Well, you can never go wrong with VB, IMO. Its your Site and you've already paid for a year with IVB.

I dont think people will mind to much, with all the features VB offers, how could they.

Tuff :tomato:

I like the newly-implemented flash update at the top of the main page.... now I don't feel so guilty about slamming any super-important site updates down the page with my daily barrage of news posts. :blush:

- NewsMonkey (aka SlickWili)

I like everything about the new forum, except this blue color here.

The old color was warmer.

Otherwise, all else seems better now. :bye:

I like everything about the new forum, except this blue color here.

The old color was warmer.

Otherwise, all else seems better now. :bye:

Nick, I'll be trying to incorporate some of the old color back into this template, so don't worry too much. :cool:

Looks great, it would be nice to have the recent posts links that were on the BioHaz homepage, would be good to have them there again.