Sign in to follow this  
Javito1986

Ok seriously, what in the world?

I've reinstalled OFF three times now. Twice all the way through, this time I've stopped before installing HitR.

Here's what I've done so far:

1) I've done a full, custom install of CFS3 to my D drive and patched it to 3.1 (not 3.1a, though i tried that before and still had this problem)

2) Installed OFF

3) Superpatched and minipatched

Testing it now and every time I go to fly I get this error http://img818.imageshack.us/f/92847148.jpg/

I've tried it with BOTH CFS3 discs and the OFF disc proper. And this also happened on my previous reinstalls with HitR. What in the world is going on here????

Ugh, this is so aggravating. I did try that Uncleal, just now. STILL getting a "can't find CD" error. Using vanilla OFF P3 right now since I can't be bothered to reinstall every patch just to keep getting this error. Gonna go smack my head into a wall repeatedly until I figure this out..

Maybe a No-CD fix would help???

Don't be too afraid to try the no-cd fix. as long as you backup the original file, using the 3.1a crack isn't as bad as some make it out to be. it is certainly worth trying for sure

since cfs3 wont play saying it needs the cd, i'd guess the problem is more with cfs3 and the exe files....or are you able to run vanilla cfs3 3.1a without getting the no disc error?

Edited by rwmarth

Usually caused by either the disk not being available (some with 2 DVD drives have this and need to swap DVD) - or a bad no-cd.exe, or it can be Anti Virus or Firewall's application control which blocks OFF Manager from loading it's DLL or stops CFS3.exe loading as OFF is trying to launch it. Disable AV, or firewall if it has "application control" and exclude our as described would help.

Usually caused by either the disk not being available (some with 2 DVD drives have this and need to swap DVD) - or a bad no-cd.exe, or it can be Anti Virus or Firewall's application control which blocks OFF Manager from loading it's DLL or stops CFS3.exe loading as OFF is trying to launch it. Disable AV, or firewall if it has "application control" and exclude our as described would help.

As you saw in this Gen Discussion, the AV was the problem right here. I'm clarifying it just in case someone else runs into this issue!