Sign in to follow this  
Dave

F-15E Down over Libya

It was from Lakenheath....man what is it with the Liberty wing and Libya?

A life long love affair, since the times at Wheelus

pilot was recovered by an Osprey, thus justifying every dollar ever spent on it. the WSO was recovered by the rebel side and handed back to our side. when have you heard of that in american warfare lately, i think not since WW2.

Behind him his F15 Strike Eagle was a burning wreck. He had parachuted into a field of sheep somewhere near Benghazi airbase and needed to escape - his fellow crew member had landed in another field nearby.

Raising his hands in the air he called out "OK, OK" to greet the crowd. But he need not have worried.

"I hugged him and said don't be scared we are your friends," said Younis Amruni, 27.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/8397953/US-jet-crashes-in-Libya-airman-would-not-have-known-if-he-approached-friend-or-foe.html

Make of it what you will

Looks like we even get the Serial number of one of the AIM-120s from that BBC vid

Good thing the pilots are safe now :heat:

Plus, no need to precise the communication impact it would have had if they had been captured by Gadhafi.

Edited by Nix

Im glad the outcome was a good one, especially since this day being what it is for me. (re: my post in the pub)