Sign in to follow this  
Sheriff__001

How do I make buildings weaker

I did a mission to destroy a hangar. Naturally, I used a nuclear weapon with a yield of 340KT. The bomb impacted within 3-400m of the hangar and destroyed everything on the airfield ... except the hangars.

Is there a particular file that sets the strength of buildings? I've tried looking in the ini files for buildings in the /Terrains/x folder, and in the /Objects/GroundObject folder.

I wonder if I missed something?

P.S. I did another test, I taxied over to a row of hangars and detonated a 1MT warhead. I managed to get one hangar out of three. A couple of shelters 500m away survived.

Hello Sheriff_01,

I *think* that the "DamagePoint", "ArmorValue" and "ArmorType" parameters in your Terrains' _TYPES.INI file could affect the buildings' ability to sustain damages.

Edited by FrankD
  • Like 1

Neither series handles blast-effect on terrain objects very well (though ground-objects are easily killed within the blast radius). Terrain objects such as hangers are best taken out with a direct-impact weapon.

Lowering any of their damage values or expanding their damage points simply make them susceptible to being destroyed by light machine gun fire, which is much more unrealistic, IMO.

• Like 1

Nukes! Something for guys without balls!

Take a Mk84 or a two FAB500 and you will blast all shelters, hangars etc into the air. Learn to aim. Its better than to play with WMD!

• Dislike 1