Sign in to follow this  
Bletchley

1916(2) MOD

Available now from the downloads section: http://combatace.com/files/category/353-maps-missions-and-campaigns/

1916(2) will now cover July-August 1916, with 1916(3) covering September-December 1916.In the July-August period the E.IIIs appear to have been mostly held back by a combination of the lack of leadership and example (the death of Immelmann and the temporary grounding of Boelcke), problems with the synchronisation gear of the gun (thought to be the reason for Immelmann's downfall), reorganisation, and low moral as a much reduced number of Fokker pilots were faced with the Allied build up to the Somme offensive. During the first two months of the battle of the Somme the Allies gained almost complete control of the air above the battlefield, until the tide started to turn again at the end of August with the introduction of the new German scouts, a new influx of pilots, and reorganisation of scouts into the more effective organisation of the Jasta system. 1916(2) will therefore present a two-month hiatus for the 'German' player, with mostly 'lone wolf' and solo defensive patrols over friendly territory (still one or two line patrols, but not as many).

1916(3) to follow very soon, September - December

Bletchley

I just saved it, along with 1916(1), and will watch for the next one. Your 1915 mod works beautifully and I am sure 1916 will as well. Many thanks again Bletchley.

Cheers!

Lou

You have found a good way to tell the story short and effectively, Bletchley.

Great for people like me, who do not have such detailed knowledge about the Great War.

As you didn't mention the Halberstadt, I assume it wasn't much of an improvement over

the Eindecker. The Albatros was of course a different story.

Your sections sure do make appetite to try and fly these early phases of the air war.

The different mission types for each phase alone will make it worth it.

Thank you for all this!

Thank you very much Bletchley!

:good:

Cheers

vonOben

Olham, the Halberstadt was indeed a huge improvement over the Eindecker (which really was a mediocre fighter at best), but only very few of them ever saw service compared to the Albs, which came into action soon after the Halbies and were better and more powerful.

These mods are like a taste of P4 and of better things to come. They improve the already great campaign mode by making it more realistic and historically accurate. Now there will be less need for so-called house rules in improving realism - your mods take care of the most obvious issues. I truly appreciate your work, Bletchley. :drinks:

Can you switch from one mod to another with OFF running in the background? Or do you need to fully exit OFF, then switch mods and restart the game?

Probably best to come out, it only takes a minute :)

You don't need a fresh campaign to use it though.

Bletchley

Bletchley,

Please turn on your PM's. I have an FM proposal I'd like to talk to you, British_eh, and RAF_Louvert about.

HPW, my PM is on - but I havn't had any messages from you :blink:

I am on GMT, here in Blighty. British_eh is away for a week or so.

Bletchley

Bletchley, you may have to clear your "message folder". When it's full, it won't receive any more.

When i tried to add you to our conversation, I got the following message: "The following users cannot use the messaging system: Bletchley."

I'm not sure what that means, exactly. I assume you have enabled PM's in your preferences?

I sent you a test message, to seee if it is working from my end. I deleted all my messages, so it can't be a full in-box now. You can email me at bletchley if you like, at ntlworld dot com.

B.