Sign in to follow this  
Creaghorn

Suggestion for AI

currently we have the soft AI and the aggressive AI. with the soft AI they try to stay high and circle around with occasional healfheartly attacks while the aggressive one is dangerous, but with the downside that sooner or later all ends on the deck. if that could be combined that AI is aggressive, and after a while it switches to soft AI and they circle above you and then it might happen it switches to aggressive again, or, while in soft mode, they abandon the mission and fly away. you won't be able to catch up because they try to keep height. and you won't try to catch up because your own mates might have been switched to soft mode with abandoning the mission. and while the enemy squadron is in soft mode and flies away, it might at any time switch to aggressive mode again and attack you, while you are stalking them alone (your own wingmates are in softmode and continued their patrol). now that would be realistic and would make you look for your wingmates and regroup with them rather then stalking enemies alone.

I agree completely. It would also be great if the AI knew better how to take advantage of the various types of aircraft it's flying, so that powerful energy fighters would use altitude more to their advantage, and so on. An experienced pilot flying the SE.5 or the SPAD would try to stay out of low-altitude turn fights, while somebody with a powerful turn fighter would try to get into a situation where his opponent's speed advantage is negated.

I'm sure these are not easy things to program, but we can alwasy ask. :grin:

I don't think it would be that hard to program that manner of fighter-specific AI, speaking from my (moderately limited) programming background. Working it out in the CFS3 engine is another thing altogether. But they've done wonders with the AI already and we know the devs have stated (or strongly implied) they're working on AI improvements for P4. So we'll just have to wait and see chaps

Ditto to Creaghorn's post - if it is possible to combine.