Sign in to follow this  
Javito1986

You ever just zone out while in the air?

I just got to spend a few days in the hospital because I decided to play OFF and brainstorm about work related topics at the same time. Here I am, flying about, minding my own business and thinking of some research I'm working on. Then I remember to look behind me, OMG ALBATROS, rat-tat-tat rat-tat-tat, I'm hit and in a spin and crash. "You have been hospitalized for x days...". Whoo lucky dice roll!

Morale of the story: If you want to play a game that doesn't require you to pay attention, go play XBox Live multiplayer. Do not use your 70-hr pilot.

Edit: You know what really grinds my gears is that Boche probably went home and told all his buddies "Hahahaa, you guys won't believe this noob I just boom & zoomed. He didn't even see me!"

Edit 2: HPW's new main gun mod works cool.gif

Edit 3: Next time I want to unwind and play something that doesn't require thought commitment, I'll load up Red Orchestra/Darkest Hour. Tuning out of OFF is a recipe for tears.

Edited by Javito1986

HAHAHA yes i do that very often, with sometimes the same onsequences as you :suicide2:

Then I remember to look behind me, OMG ALBATROS, rat-tat-tat rat-tat-tat, I'm hit and in a spin and crash.

"You have been hospitalized for x days...". Whoo lucky dice roll!

Edit: You know what really grinds my gears is that Boche probably went home and told all his buddies

"Hahahaa, you guys won't believe this noob I just boom & zoomed. He didn't even see me!"

Bordeauxred Baron: "Zatt vass indeed vott I vass sayink; only ze laughter is wronk; it iss more like: Mmuahahahahaaaaaa!!!!"

Hihi, I had a similar situation once, only that it wasn't me who was hit.

It was like in Udet's book: we were flying west with 6 Albatros, the sun stood high in the south,

and I felt very uncomfortable all the time. And really - out of the white glare, my wingman to the left

was shot down burning; and only then I heard and saw the sandcoloured SPAD roaring past overhead.

He was gone as quickly as he had appeared, and when I switched Labels on, it was too late to even

read his name. But I'd like to believ it was Guynemer.

Edited by Olham

Bordeauxred Baron: "Zatt vass indeed vott I vass sayink; only ze laughter is wronk; it iss more like: Mmuahahahahaaaaaa!!!!"

:rofl: Priceless!

"Ja, herr Baron ist no longer bord, he spanked da Krumpet's Fliegerheinder."

Sometimes I get all relaxed looking at the pretty scenery and fall asleep. Then I think to myself, I'm sure glad I wasn't driving. LOL

Beard

Sometimes I get all relaxed looking at the pretty scenery and fall asleep. Then I think to myself, I'm sure glad I wasn't driving. LOL

Beard

rofl.gif

I don't so much zone out as pass out drunk at the controls..... :drinks:

I like to zone out in the Marne region, or in Alsace.

The enemy activity is not so huge before 1918, and the landscapes are really beautiful.

I still remember a wonderful trip back to Jasta 15 base La Selve with Ernst Udet, after a minor fight.

The afternoon sun was bathing the landscape in warm golden tones, and everything was as

peaceful as Hobbitshire down there. I found myself thinking about where to put a farm building,

if I would settle here. "This spot is definitely the nicest so far! No - there, that meadow is perfect!"

I could have flown like that for an hour.

North from there - not a good idea!

Edited by Olham