Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Teenagers often get a bad press

:salute:

'Derk

What a good lad, the parents deserve a pat on the back too for bringing him up to show bravery like that. :salute:

"Last night police charged an 18-year-old man with Chloe’s attempted murder."

Someone who attacks a 14yo girl is not a man, its a meatbag scum.

English gentlemen play rugby. English heroes save girls with rugby tackles. I wonder what they do with the restart kick...

English gentlemen play rugby. English heroes save girls with rugby tackles. I wonder what they do with the restart kick...

Yes..you can't beat a good rugby tackle, and a bunch of five's to deal with a roustabout! :lol:

Well, when it comes down to it, all generations turn out people who are either antisocial, or else have something about them that marks them out. Read your local paper every week and you'll see it, although it'll probably be reported in such a way as to make you wonder the point they're making!

I have a very profound respect for teenagers who become politically stroke civically active. They are the exception. At the age of 17, all I wanted to do was get leathered, smoke hash, play D&D and cop off with a good looking 6th form girl from my year - does this ring any bells out there?

Hence, when people the age I was - and I should add, I actually was studying British Government and Politics as an A level at the time! - become that interested and engaged, I'll tip my hat, had I one.

"Other classmates praised Ben’s actions on Facebook. Lee Pritchard wrote: “Who ever the mom was and ben hudson are life savers just watching them doing what they did disregarding their own safety was pure bravery thank you.”

Just noticed this from the linked article from the Torygraph.

Can we please not adopt the word 'mom' in the UK? What on Earth is wrong with 'mum'? And while I'm at it, please beat into your teenage sons and daughters that the Ozzie inquisitive sentence ending is an absolute abomination to anyone with a measurable IQ. For f***'s sake, the Great Vowel Shift of the middle ages was a bummer to handle, and then, people yacking on as though everything's a bloody question????