In my PTO install (Solomons) I have an A6M5 and a Ki-61 which end up with no ammo when the mission starts. All the AI wingmen immediately report they're out of ammo and of course, my guns won't fire. The F4U and F6F fire their guns just fine. So the problem is with the specific planes.

So how can I get the guns fully loaded with ammo on these planes?

Sorry if this is in the knowledge base somewhere. I looked but didn't see an answer.

are sure that you the proper gundata ini?

check that by open the gindata ini and the aircraft data ini and look at the gun seccion

are sure that you the proper gundata ini?

check that by open the gindata ini and the aircraft data ini and look at the gun seccion

Yeah I checked that. The A6M5, for instance uses "GunTypeName=20MM_TYPE99-2" and "GunTypeName=7.7MM_TYPE89F". Both are in GUNDATA.ini.

I made this a long time ago so I'm not sure if I used the gun installer or not. But if I didn't, wouldn't the US guns fail to fire as well?

EDIT: Just for the heck of it, I used the gun installer again. No change.

Thanks Cocas. Any other ideas?

Edited by ShrikeHawk

are you missing the IJN/IJAAF/Axis guns from the gundata ini???? IIRC, my WW2 weapons pak should have all of them listed. It's somewhere in the downloads section, under "Weapons Paks" or something like that

The US guns are working cause the 30 & 50 cal are stock weapons

wrench

kevin stein

I'm pretty sure it's installed. I found this readme in the weapons folder, "ww2_wep-pak_readme.txt". I always keep the readme's wherever I do an install. Also, the weapons folder contains a folder named, "Gundata_stuff" so it looks like I installed it. The InternalGuns listed for each airplane in their <plane>_data.ini are found in gundata.ini. I'm not sure what's missing. Is it possibly a Nations issue?

do you have the ww2 nations ini? It really shouldn't matter, but ... you know what with me being the High Priest of CYA...

wrench

kevin stein

its strange i use this planes manys times in the past whit no problems

check in the guns are in the sisteme in the ini wrench can elaborated on this im sure :grin:

Guys, I figured it out. The clue is right there in the ww2 weapons pak readme.

Gundata needs to be in the main Objects folder. I had it in the Weapons Folder.:blush: I guess there's a reason Kevin keeps mentioning the readme.

Guns are firing just fine now. Thanks for the help, both of you!

:rofl::grin:

glad you got it fixed!!

wrench

kevin stein