Sign in to follow this  
Lewie

So I'm in the Library...

And I'm humming and whistling softly the Over Flanders Fields theme music while waiting at the front desk to get a DVD checked out and one of the ladies who works there, she knows me, and she says "That's a pretty tune..in a conversational sort of way.

I'm kinda of taken aback because I'm not the most musically adept when it comes to being in tune.

But since I'm filled with the spirit of OFF, I start telling her about Over Flanders Fields, how 'it's based on the old Microsoft Combat Flight Sim 3, that it's a complete revamp of the game and how it's so immersive, because of it's depth of realism and..,' I notice her eyes are starting to glaze over. So not to be a complete bore I just have her look up Pol's videos on Youtube on one of the front desk desktops .

I had to leave soon after so I didn't get to see if anyone at the front desk got to finish watching the vid.

The music is brilliant and I find myself wasting a few moments watching the opening video whenever I start OFF.

I'm hoping I didn't seem like a breathless gaming nerd..:lol:

No more than the rest OFF us :grin: Glad it's got you hooked... it's one of those 'had to be there' things.

I see nothing nerdish in your behaviour Lewie, and not OFF-putting in the least.

I'm hoping I didn't seem like a breathless gaming nerd.

Not really, Lewie - but I guess you messed up your chances to get to dinner with her quite a bit.

One thing I have learned about women: when you mention you are flying air combat sims, they

seem to erase you from their list of potential flirt candidates.

As you said: their eyes just glaze over.

:grin:

Not really, Lewie - but I guess you messed up your chances to get to dinner with her quite a bit.

One thing I have learned about women: when you mention you are flying air combat sims, they

seem to erase you from their list of potential flirt candidates.

As you said: their eyes just glaze over.

:grin:

As a married man I can't be entertaining such thoughts. My wife likes the sim.

Ah - you lucky man! So I was only wasting my tips...

Ah - you lucky man! So I was only wasting my tips...

Nah it's good to remind me, I owe a lot to my wife's liking of my hobbies.

Didn't you know? Flanders Fields is the perfect aphrodisiac. My own missus is on record as stating that her favorite things to watch me do are either yard work without a shirt, or strafing German ground troops at Passchendaele. Without a shirt.

Nah it's good to remind me, I owe a lot to my wife's liking of my hobbies.

Where does one find such wifes????

Javito: ...or strafing German ground troops at Passchendaele. Without a shirt.

I knew, Passchendaele was a spot for some of the most perverted human deeds, but - flying with no shirt on????? :blink:

Where does one find such wifes????

Javito: ...or strafing German ground troops at Passchendaele. Without a shirt.

I knew, Passchendaele was a spot for some of the most perverted human deeds, but - flying with no shirt on????? :blink:

It's an Albert Ball kinda thing, you know, letting the frigid, 20 below air flow through your hair while on patrol.

You should have just told her you're a fighter pilot and this song is what you listen to when you go into battle - a slight stretching of the truth and her eyes might have even twinkled.:girl_haha:

was at the MD last week and the nurse was going on about some TV sit-com, when I told her I don't watch much TV, as it doesn't mesh well with my piloting duties. She said. . ."who you" ?

Talk about . . being considered a gaming nerd

Next time I'll bring my Trackir Hat . . . I may get committed lol.gif

You see that's where you need to bring the trackIR hat next time you are there, and when asked about it, make up some elaborate story about how it's a virtual reality tool they use for MRI brain scans.

I mean, it's plausible..:dntknw:

was at the MD last week and the nurse was going on about some TV sit-com, when I told her I don't watch much TV, as it doesn't mesh well with my piloting duties. She said. . ."who you" ?

Talk about . . being considered a gaming nerd

Next time I'll bring my Trackir Hat . . . I may get committed lol.gif

That's funny! :tongue: I could never pull that off as I wear glasses and unless she were a ditz, would never believe me.

... I told her I don't watch much TV, as it doesn't mesh well with my piloting duties. She said. . ."who you" ?

:lol:

Good one, UncleAl!

Hey..she works in a Library...it was probably the most exciting thing she's heard in Months! :lol: