--------------------------------------------------------

----A Tribute Olivier "BPAo" ANGUILLE.----

---------------------------------------------------------

======================

=QM-29B (9.12B) Drone=

======================

Background:

==========

Following the disintegration of the Soviet Union, Russian 4th-generation fighter jets could be obtained through commercial deal, rather than through defection and capture.

Likewise, in 1992, 6 Mig-29B (9.12B) were loaned to the USA by an unnamed foreign country for evaluation, testing and, in a few occasion, training.

For that purpose, several NATO & friends personal were detached to the 53rd Weapons Evaluation Group.

Installation:

=========

*A working installation of the SF2 Mescalero Proving Grounds is required, otherwise, it will simply not work.*

- decompress the archive to a temporary folder, on your desktop for example

- drop the content of the "To your mod folder"... into your mod folder, confirm when asked to overwrite

- start your game and enjoy

Credits:

======

Original Mig-29A by The Mirage Factory.

The gorgeous pit is the MiG-29 Cockpit Repaint by Orsin.

The skin is purely fictional but may not have been possible, within a lifetime span given my skills, without the amazing Mig29 Templates by Sundowner.

ChampionsVA56 for his guidance and inspiration.

Jane's publications, Harpoon High Tide's Data Annex, 1F-MIG29-1 flight manual, Yefim Gordon's books and posts by Tom Cooper from ACIG have been used as reference for datas' fine tuning.

If I forgot anyone, let me know and I'll correct it asap.

Notes:

=====

The QM-29B Fulcrum Drone is available from 1992 to 2002.

It have no ECM but have four times as much chaff and flares than normal.

The fuel transfer sequence have been made as correct as possible, so watch your fuel, and a boost to the ACM mode's ScanBeamAngle is loosely simulating the IRST device.

If you dig in, you may notice unusual Radar Range or Max Visible Distance values. They have been set as is for an ongoing project in which a lot of such things have been normalized and in that environment, they make sense. Given the role of the platform, they should not be an issue amongst default values however.

Be advised that the Safe Altitude have been set to 1000 feet (304.8m).

Have fun.

Edited by FrankD

Very well done Frank! I like drones.

:good:

It was my understanding that the country that the US acquired the MiGs was Moldova.

That's what I understood too EricJ. It was in 1997 and, as far as I can guess, were 9.12A and 9.13 type (non Russian flown but nuclear capable).

Defense.gov News Article: U.S. Buys Moldovan MiG-29 Fighters

mo04.jpg

There are interesting details about the Modavian Mig-29, especially in the Post Scriptum of that page:

http://www.acig.org/...ticle_281.shtml

The Drone I propose here is a type 9.12B and the livery is purely fictional.

I'm glad that it please you gents, I had fun doing it and it a great non cooperative target, especially on the ChampionVA56's pure gem.

If any modder see something wrong or weird, I would be thankful to hear (read) his/her opinion as I'm eager to learn.

Have fun and take care drinks.gif

Edited by FrankD