Sign in to follow this  
marvinblue

Help needed for a Nerf problem

Hi all. I've gotten into Nerf recently by buying a Barricade blaster. I was surfing the net the other day for all things Nerf and came across their Pinpoint Sight.

NerfPinpointSight06.jpg

I would love to do this to my Barricade, I already have the butt from a Recon blaster.

Nerf_Barricade_-_07.jpg

The problem is, these sights are out of production and there are none forthcoming on ebay. So, if anyone out there has one and they don't want it anymore, I would love to buy it from you.

Thanks.

Caution! i heard it had been nerfed :grin:

:oops:

Edited by Nix

Awww... crap, really? I'd love to pick up one of these for mine! Do you know what they were originally packaged with?

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. Say What?!; originally they came packaged with ten suction darts are were in Nerf's line of N-Strike Mission Packs. (Stuff you buy seperately, like bandoliers, extra darts, etc). You can get the mission packs from somewhere like Wal-Mart, as well as toy stores. I think they would've retailed for about US$10. uncleal; thanks for your suggestions. I've looked at AirSoft sights on the net but if I can, I would like to keep it all Nerf. I want it mainly for the cool factor, I've also heard that they're fairly accurate in their own right. My effective range is about 5 - 6 feet, so this reflex sight would be perfect for that range.

Must confess that I know nothing of the rules and regulations regarding ownership down under, but you might be interested in one of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Trumark-Slingshots-FS1-Folding-Slingshot/dp/B0001W0E7G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=outdoor-recreation&qid=1302473519&sr=1-1

Unfortunately , those (and AirSoft sadly :sad:)are totally illegal here. I got busted with one at high school back in 1994 (had it in my bag on the weekend, some deadbeat dipsh*t was rifling through my back and ratted on me, bastard!) and I had to have a little chat with the Po-lice.

Marvin, I love my Nerf stuff. Future wife on the other hand, not a fan unless she needs something to shoot at me. I'm usually finding cool gear at places like Toys R Us, although most places are scaling their wares back a bit and selling that cheap knock off Air Blaster shyte (K-Mart and Target aren't great. Don't even bother with Myer). There aren't too many independent toy stores keeping this stuff, though you might want to try Toy World although they're usually over priced with everything they sell now. It's a shame because they used to be a great store! They only bonus with them is that I've rarely seen a Toy World here that updates it's stock regularly. But I think your best bet is the interwebz.

Speaking of interwebz, if you're only getting a paltry 5-6 ft in your shots, look at the modding tutes on youtube. I think, on average, I'm getting about 8-9 metres with my gear although the longshot bleeds a lot of energy, even after modding and I only get around 5 with that. Once you remove the air flow restrictor you'll get a significant increase in range on your pump/bolt action weapons. If you add a new spring to it, you'll get even more! The battery powered ones are more difficult to mod, but it can be done. For example:

And the how to guide

Thanks for introducing me to the world of Nerf. I didn't think there was anything gayer than airsoft, but now I know better :grin:

Unfortunately , those (and AirSoft sadly :sad:)are totally illegal here. I got busted with one at high school back in 1994 (had it in my bag on the weekend, some deadbeat dipsh*t was rifling through my back and ratted on me, bastard!) and I had to have a little chat with the Po-lice.

Marvin, I love my Nerf stuff. Future wife on the other hand, not a fan unless she needs something to shoot at me. I'm usually finding cool gear at places like Toys R Us, although most places are scaling their wares back a bit and selling that cheap knock off Air Blaster shyte (K-Mart and Target aren't great. Don't even bother with Myer). There aren't too many independent toy stores keeping this stuff, though you might want to try Toy World although they're usually over priced with everything they sell now. It's a shame because they used to be a great store! They only bonus with them is that I've rarely seen a Toy World here that updates it's stock regularly. But I think your best bet is the interwebz.

Speaking of interwebz, if you're only getting a paltry 5-6 ft in your shots, look at the modding tutes on youtube. I think, on average, I'm getting about 8-9 metres with my gear although the longshot bleeds a lot of energy, even after modding and I only get around 5 with that. Once you remove the air flow restrictor you'll get a significant increase in range on your pump/bolt action weapons. If you add a new spring to it, you'll get even more! The battery powered ones are more difficult to mod, but it can be done. For example:

And the how to guide

Thanks for the feedback dude. Unfortunately, there's no Toyworld's in Sydney, nearest one is Central Coast or Canberra. When I went to Vic on holidays, I had a look through all of the toy stores I could find, to no avail. I do get further than six feet in range, but the accuracy starts to drop as the dart flies through the air. Most of the Mission Pack stuff these days is extra darts and the dart bags, etc. Oh well, maybe something will pop up in the future.