Sign in to follow this  
hotrodss

Strike Fighters2 series

Hey everyone,

Just want opinions/feedback from the community, been having a ball flying SF1 series and all its add-ons, I want to know should I get SF2 series? The only thing I know about the second series is the graphics are better and you can play on Vista or Win 7. I looked over the TW website and noticed that SF2 can also be played on XP (which is what I have) and there seem to be a lot more skins, add-on, campaigns and the like.

HR

It's not simply the DX10 graphics that make the SF2-series better than the first gen. There are quite a few refinements under the hood.

The two that stand out the most are the multi-threaded coding (with the latest patch), and the improved avionics. The former bumps up frame rates quite a bit, and the latter includes both TEWS-RWR, and Vietnam-era vector-RWR displays.

If you have an older machine like mine, dual core, then you'll see a quite significant increase in frame rates.

Value for money is a subjective thing, but I'm very, very pleased with SF2.

It took me a while to warm up to SF2 because most of the mods I could not live with out had to go through a conversion process in order to work with SF2. It took a lot of time but now that its done I could never go back. The graphics are much better and the massively improved the frame rates allow much more eye candy to be installed . Overall I am much happier with SF2.

I want to know should I get SF2 series?

Yes! But don't rush it. Buy one title per month and savour them.

Ok, thanks for the input, looks like I'll be flying SF2 series soon enough.

HR

well worth the investment!

wrench

kevin stein