Sign in to follow this  

:offtopic:

Heh, I like how 11 of the first 18 people in the lottery thread 2 or less posts. Perhaps for future lottery thingys there should be an additional rule where you have to have 10 undeleted posts before you can enter? I've seen this done on other sites, perhaps you should do it too, consindering the whole point is to "give something back to all of you that visit regularly"? Keeps people from free-loading.

Future ones will probably have a 10-post entry, but I just wanted to do one of these to try it out and see how it went, as well as hopefully attract some new users, as things got pretty quiet over the summer. That'll change, we have some great new articles and giveaways in the works right now.

You might wanna check IP logs too, just to ensure there isn't someone duping themselves to increase their chances of winning.

You might wanna check IP logs too, just to ensure there isn't someone duping themselves to increase their chances of winning.

Shhh, you're not supposed to tell them that... ;) I'll be checking emails and IP's before the contest ends. :cool:

Your number of posts does not show how many times you have visited the site. Im sure many people have been reading the forums for quite some time like me. I have not posted many times. Sometimes I visit the site at work and dont login. I think that justifying some ones eligibility for the contest based on the number of posts would be justified and one i would support. Just my two cents.

Your number of posts does not show how many times you have visited the site.  Im sure many people have been reading the forums for quite some time like me.  I have not posted many times.  Sometimes I visit the site at work and dont login.  I think that justifying some ones eligibility for the contest based on the number of posts would be justified and one i would support.  Just my two cents.

I'll second that

I don't understand the last 2 post......

You point out that post count is not a reflection of ones activity, as you stated, you visit often.

Yet, you would justify a contest based on post count. Did you mean NOT Justify? The tone of the statements, as far as I understood, was that you were trying to explain to the reader that post count is not a gage of activity. I somewhat agree about post count. There are many contributers, especially modders that contribute their work to the site on a frequent basis. Should we deny them the ability to win a prize simply because their post count is less then a certain number? I think not.

Contribution to the website comes in many forms. And as I've seen on other websites, not all post lead to any informations that is supportive or informative to the site or thread. Their are people that simply salivate over how high they can get their post count just so they are perceived to be an informative user....well, they are not.

We'll have another contest real soon, so sit back and please contribute. Welcome all the new contributers to Biohaz and lets make this site a favorite for everyone.

Cheers!

Fates