Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Perhaps they should read the Manual?

OMG LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

haha ... thnaks (sp?)!!

The first one -- I get the image of a fish jumping out of water.

Seems squids somehow ran out of vaseline :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxwbxXyPthw

Yet another one. They seem not to be RM as the title said, but Royal Engineers. However, it is in the "DO NOT" manual of the RM

Edited by macelena

In my old army times such things were called "Mangelnde Wartung und Pflege!" :grin:

LOL Macelena, and I thought that was a video of the Royal Marines invading La Linea... :rofl:

http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/1827554.stm

Yep, it was just a mess. There was a video about it, they seemed to be really sorry about it. It was funny, however.

@ xclusiv8, given the price of those Javelins, (80.000 $) that got to HURT. If you ask me, MILAN for the win on that environment. On the other hand, those UK weapon coys are way cooool with all their stuff in the land rovers. By the way, did anybody see that the GPMG (FN MAG) had a sight mounted leftwards? i don´t stand it, like in the sniper variants of the Garand or the Enfield, but i guess that makes sense to something

By the way, did anybody see that the GPMG (FN MAG) had a sight mounted leftwards? i don´t stand it, like in the sniper variants of the Garand or the Enfield, but i guess that makes sense to something

The Enfield scope IS mounted over the centreline of the bore ( if you mean the No4T and L42A1 Enfields )

The sight on the Gimpy has to be offset because otherwise it would prevent the feed tray from opening when loading the weapon.

In practical terms having a sight offset doesn't matter too much, except for precision shooting. I have used offset sights ( PSO's etc ) on AK's and an SVD - the shift in point of aim isn't really significant over the distances you would be shooting such a weapon.

BTW - I'll be in Spain from mid-March onwards, if you want that beer I promised to buy you then PM me :drinks:

The Enfield scope IS mounted over the centreline of the bore ( if you mean the No4T and L42A1 Enfields )

The sight on the Gimpy has to be offset because otherwise it would prevent the feed tray from opening when loading the weapon.

In practical terms having a sight offset doesn't matter too much, except for precision shooting. I have used offset sights ( PSO's etc ) on AK's and an SVD - the shift in point of aim isn't really significant over the distances you would be shooting such a weapon.

BTW - I'll be in Spain from mid-March onwards, if you want that beer I promised to buy you then PM me :drinks:

I saw the side mounted sight on an earlier model, a SMLE, in a WWI photo, because it was thought that it would allow faster reload and use of iron sights against close targets, it was a book by Osprey publishing, Elite Forces series, Snipers. I thought the sight would cause more trouble, not only in aiming and in that position than on top, just like the US do with M240s and m249s.

About that beer, if you are going around Valencia, i think it will be hard to meet, but thanks for the offer

The videos are funny. But the reality is not. A schoolmate of me was heavily wounded when a mortar explodes. The first granade does not came out what nobody realised. Then they dropped a second granade in.... 2 death and some woundeds. Not really funny.