Anyone like to take stab at making a couple of missions for WoV? I tried last night for about two hours but could not figure out how to even put a start location in let alone anything else. The missions I'm thinking of are CAS and Armed Recce in the Mekong Delta using the OV-10 Bronco or UH-1B Huey. HA(L)-3 and VAL-4 did a lot of flying there and made it Mr Charlies worst nightmare. Start point for the missions would be at Binh Thuy and point of contact anywhere in the Delta. As there was no opposing air power that south and nothing bigger than a .51 MG trying to pick out one or two NVA or VC squads or hitting the right sam pam or hooch would be a challenge in itself, especially with the Green Hell textures installed.

There were a lot of Brown Water ops in the Rung Sat Zone but most of the time if your say Viet Nam air combat the first thing most think of are B-52 and Alpha Strikes in the North. I can provide more info to anyone interested in this idea.

Have you tried any of the mission editors yet?

KMD or LeMissioniere

Of course SF2's got it's own in-game mission editor too.

Edited by PureBlue

Good Snivel !

Some land based Navy air supporting brown water navy ops would be awesome.

I may have to leave a det of SPADS on the beach for that.

CL

I found that in the WoV Air and Ground expansion HA(L)-3 and VAL-4 are both represented. Once in a while in a CAS mission I get sent to to some areas in their AO but not often enough and or near Rung Sat. SPADS are deadly in the expansion. If you don't have I highly recommend it.

As for me trying to use an editor, better give a monkey the controls to a real fighter, same result only the monkey is more amusing.

I just set up a second WOV install with this mod. The South Vietnam terrain rocks.

Business is good. working over the VC "bicycles" during the day with SPADs and night with my wanna be AP-2H TRIM Neptune. A Rung Sat Zone would be way doable as a terrain I think. are the aircraft pegged to a certain base?

I like the well populated bridge targets. Collateral damage makes me happy.

CL

Strafing VC bicycles is just wrong, Willie Pete is more fun, Sin Loy Charlie!

Edited by firehawkordy

Ah Sierra! The Willy Pete rockets aren't working for me. The CBUs work on the bikes for me.

Is there a SUU-Willy Pete bomb I don't have or do I have to kiss the ring of a member of the Munitions Mafia or the Ordy Nostra to get it.

Have a swell Memorial Day. Beside the usual I'm also thinking of decommisioned Units / squadrons. First in my mind HS-12, HCS-5, Val-4, VAH-21, Too many to list.

:drinks: CL

I'll look in my load out menu for the WP munitions, I don't use the 2.75's but the PWP incendiary bombs, I can put about 8 in the A-26's bombbay. As for decommed units, HSC-5 is always in my heart as is HAL-5 and HA(L)-3.

The weapon is the AN-M-47A3 / A4, leaves a nice puffy cloud of smoke and crispy critters.

Edited by firehawkordy