Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Aviatik-Berg D.1 in progress

Hello everyone, my name is Stephen1918 and I just joined a few weeks ago. I am building an Aviatik-Berg D.1 (prompted by Quack74). It should be ready in a week or so.

I have some rather newbie questions:

1. How can I see the plane on the ground to check the at-rest angle? When I land, or when I start on the runway, the plane keeps coasting, even with the throttle down and engine off.

2. Is it considered accepable to use texture maps that come with First Eagles? Especially for things like cockpit gauges. I would never use anyone else's creations without asking permission, but the ones that come with the game seem like fair game to me. (I have the SFP1E Extract Utility.) Please advise me on what's acceptable.

3. Is it Ok to use fictitious markings, or should every plane be realistic? I notice that the skins I've seen here all identify squadrons and pilots. But as you can see, my Aviatik is imaginary, (but realistic, I think.) - (Quack74 is planning to make more skins when the plane is finished.)

Thanks for your help,

Stephen1918

post-67404-0-57194900-1304061153.jpg

Hello everyone, my name is Stephen1918 and I just joined a few weeks ago. I am building an Aviatik-Berg D.1 (prompted by Quack74). It should be ready in a week or so.

I have some rather newbie questions:

1. How can I see the plane on the ground to check the at-rest angle? When I land, or when I start on the runway, the plane keeps coasting, even with the throttle down and engine off.

2. Is it considered accepable to use texture maps that come with First Eagles? Especially for things like cockpit gauges. I would never use anyone else's creations without asking permission, but the ones that come with the game seem like fair game to me. (I have the SFP1E Extract Utility.) Please advise me on what's acceptable.

3. Is it Ok to use fictitious markings, or should every plane be realistic? I notice that the skins I've seen here all identify squadrons and pilots. But as you can see, my Aviatik is imaginary, (but realistic, I think.) - (Quack74 is planning to make more skins when the plane is finished.)

Thanks for your help,

Stephen1918

Hi Stephen 1918-

It's great to see you on board. We need people who can make 3dMax sing and dance! The screenshot is impressive. I look forward to the full aircraft. I'll be glad to help with research and skinning if you wish.

re your Q-

1- Start on airfield. As soon as game loads hit ALT/P that will pause game and you can walk around slowly to check your work.

2- Yes - you can use the game textures. First, you paid for them, second the TW team looks favorably on modders; you are enhancing the product. I have never seen any grumbling about such use.

3- We prefer historically accurate markings. If you need help with research, post a request. You'll find that there is a lot of accurate data available. I cannot say that fictional skins are not posted, but they are not favored, and I do not DL them.

Cheers,

sinbad

Edited by sinbad

I have been waiting for this day for a long long time.With luck this will give a nice boost to interest in FE.

I agree with most everything said.I enjoy historic skins but I see no issue with sending out a new plain in a generic paint job.

Thank you for this effort and I look forward to future(hint hint)works.

A big THANK YOU! I love the Aviatik. My favourite Austro-Hungarian plane. Much needed plane to help Oeffags. Maybe after this you could make a Phonix D, or some two seaters? We need a lot of two seaters....

For FM you'll need help from Peter01 (a true FM genius)

Hello Stephen1918! Nice to see you in the forums. This stuff is addicting. I'm sure you'll like it as much as we do. Cant wait to see the Aviatik :good:

Thanks everyone for your help and encouragement. Sinbad, your advice was most helpful. And yes, I plan to make more, but I need to finish this one first. It's been a learning experience...

Stephen1918

Excellent stuff! I agree with all above posters, and even if your skins are not 100% realistic it's still good to me. :drinks:

Wow! That is one nice model! Thanks for sharing this with the community. The community is grateful, I'm sure, as am I, for your time and your talents. Much appreciated.

Superb job ! :good:

This new plane fill a real lack in Austrian air force.

Stephen1918 has been working hard trying to get this Aviatik-Berg D.1 ready for FE. Very close to completion.

post-33545-0-71078400-1304554332.jpgpost-33545-0-08142200-1304554338.jpgpost-33545-0-47651700-1304554343.jpgpost-33545-0-39445300-1304554351.jpgpost-33545-0-71800400-1304554359.jpgpost-33545-0-23325200-1304554366.jpg

Thanks for posting these Quack. (And thanks for test flying the prototype.) The plane looks pretty good, if I may say so myself, flying in the Italian campaign. I am in the final tweaking process, I should be done in another day or so.

Stephen1918

Excellent pix Quack74. May i know which sky mods you are using there?

Excellent pix Quack74. May i know which sky mods you are using there?

I'm using ShrikeHawks' clouds taken from SF2. And the horizon clouds (sky) are from SF1. I dont remember the name of who created it. But I use a mix of .tga's to create my sky. They can all be found in the SF1 and SF2 download section. Try them out and find a mix you like. I think you can use different EnvironmentSystems.ini too

I'm using ShrikeHawks' clouds taken from SF2. And the horizon clouds (sky) are from SF1. I dont remember the name of who created it. But I use a mix of .tga's to create my sky. They can all be found in the SF1 and SF2 download section. Try them out and find a mix you like. I think you can use different EnvironmentSystems.ini too

Yes i was talking about horizon. Well ok i'm gonna look for it, thanks

Panels, stitches and hinges. Note also the strut mounts on the wings. Need a bit more work on lower wings.

post-33545-0-86617100-1304869708.jpgpost-33545-0-81958600-1304869712.jpgpost-33545-0-63406500-1304869717.jpgpost-33545-0-60584900-1304869722.jpgpost-33545-0-09881200-1304869728.jpgpost-33545-0-83481800-1304869733.jpgpost-33545-0-54531900-1304869740.jpg

Awesome ! :notworthy:

This plane is really superb !