Sign in to follow this  
Silverbolt

New US Stealth Transport Troop Helicopter?

At first i did not paid attention to the wreckage, those really reseble the Comanche - untill a Brazilian site published it www.aereo.jor.br

those images were brough by reuters from one of Pakistain's security force's member few bours after the attack

also, it would explain why they were intercepted by Pakistani airforce, even if they were only 100km from its capital and why the commandos did blow the wreckage after the operation.

in the site they say it can be an MH-60 modified or a completely new aircraft - which i think is the most plausible theory.

do somebody know a stealth transport helicopter?

helicopter_crash_4.jpg

helicopter_crash_2.jpg

helicopter_crash_1.jpg

and finally, why cover an helicopter wreckage?

helicopter_crash_3.jpg

Some more conjecture:

2dm9jj5.jpg

20thrq0.jpg

AMAZING! NICE PIC MAN

AMAZING! NICE PIC MAN

but those are merely speculation, the actual design can be a way different than those images.

for me it looks like a "little" recce- drone or uav.

Edited by Soulfreak

whao intresting, its a shame that the pakistanis ar going to give this to china, for the rigth price of course

The Commanche was a program for a scout attack helo and looking at its design it would not have been good for flying in troops... but for shooting the living daylights out of everything in sight... What may have happened is that they have used tech from the program on some Blackhawks to make them stealthy. Also when a Helo is flown Nap of the Earth picking it up on Radar is extremely difficult if not impossible if you are under the curvature of the earth as these guys would be as the route in would have been planned to avoid most Radar systems or at worst to lessen the chances of being picked up by them. The only reliable way to paint a Helo NOE is from above with an AWAC or the helo practically being on top of the Radar site. Tech from failed programs is often recycled to enable other program's to be more effective... like the TSR2 Engines and Concorde.

Not my image, but this comparison (see below, from the Military Photos forum thread) definitely shows it uses major Black Hawk mechanical components, and judging by the previous images of the tail rotor assembly, redesigned body work.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-kFC_dTlxCxg/TcIQId9_tfI/AAAAAAAABFk/lbTjb-7ssYw/nessie.jpg

Edited by Jimbib

The Roswell survivors flew those two helos. Why is it so difficult for people to embrace the fact that the U.S.A. has some cool stuff!

Edited by CrazyhorseB34
  • Like 1

Oh, Deus Ex choppers are real now.

• Like 1

The conjectural pics that are being spread over the web right now resemble the assault helo in Frontlines Fuel of War.. pretty closely too.

Hey, what's the story with that defence tech site? It it only viewable for North Americans? I've never seemed to be able to get access to it here in Oz. Always comes up with an error screen.

Looks like a modified Blackhawk with stealth fairings. Looks pretty cool.

to best of my knowlage my freinds. I think we have juse seen of what i think look like a Remains of the new comachie Helacopter. i see no reasion why they would use it for a mission of just incersion. maby for backup? i dont know. But the bad news is that. now that the pakastanies have seen the wrekage. That means they will use it to their advantage like the chinease when the created the J-20 Lurking Dragon. a direct clone to the F-22 rapator. In my best jugent i think we should retreve what is left of the new Stelth Transport Hilicopter or whats left of it. and send it back to the united states.

I think we have juse seen of what i think look like a Remains of the new comachie Helacopter.

I assume you meant to say "Comanche" helicopter. If it is a Comanche, where is the fantail? In addition, The RAH-66 is an armed attack and reconnaissance heli, which would have been bugger all use for getting a SEAL team in and out of the target zone.

Rep. Buck Mckeon armed services committee chairman just said in C-span that the helicopter was fully loaded and temperature was 15 degree hotter than planed so the helicopter could not hover so it hit the wall

That means they will use it to their advantage like the chinease when the created the J-20 Lurking Dragon. a direct clone to the F-22 rapator.

Wow, if you think the J-20 is a clone of the F-22, you might want to think about laying off the weed...

The amusing thing about most of those renders/impressions is that they have the tail rotor down right (because that's the only thing anyone's actually seen) and the rest is a normal Blackhawk with aerials and all sort sticking out all over the place. If it's actually stealthy it's likely to be more like the side on profile drawing with as much as possible shielded/conformal.

Reference coming in under the radar, I think a stealthy helicopter would make it easier on the crew, <100 ft on goggles is hard work (although less hard than 200' bizarrely), if you can safely take it up to 500'+ then it's easier which means you're fresher for the actual insertion. A stealth/low observable helicopter should be able to travel further at a 'sensible' height, i.e. it'll blend in with the ground clutter at a higher altitude than a non stealth one.

• Like 1