Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

OT: Wings of Prey 1.0.3.9 beta patch

A new 1.0.3.9 Beta patch was just released forWings of Prey. The Devs have suddenly started really pumping out the patches to this game after almost a year of nothing. The new patch has a number of new options including fly by and slow motion playback. Somebody made a nice video showing off the new options and how beautiful the game really looks.

Hellshade

I'm not sure how that sim plays but it sure looks sweet. :good:

Grabbed it but haven't had time to mess with it. Maybe I can sneak a flight late tonight.

That looked absolutely stunning!

Is it my eyes, the map, or did they remove the green filter? I'll have to try the demo for this game again.

Hellshade, is there any more news on the sequel?

Ratatat :bye:

No news on the sequel that I am aware of. "stay tuned" is the response. Considering the work they are putting into this one lately, WoP II will definately remain on my "must buy" list, along with Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Phase 4.

Mostly I'm addicted to Rift at the moment.

Hellshade

No you're right about the green filter Ratat, it does seem like it's gone.

Looks great to me. I'd like to try it out sometime for sure

Downloading now!...really hope they've improved the view on this patch...the glare is unbearable

FYI...for those not familiar with the WoP patch history, if you already have a registered version of the game you can download ver 1.0.3.6 via the YuPlay website which is the complete game WITH the release version DRM removed (along with a number of patch fixes) then install the latest 1.0.3.9 patch on top of it (the 1.0.3.6 complete game) that eliminated some previous stutter plus added a number of saved game replay options that weren't available before. After doing so, I would suggest you NOT run the file check option in the lower right corner of the game start page......it hosed my game installation to where the game start load page would hang (not responding). Not saying it will happen to you, too, but be aware should it do so you'll have to completely uninstall and then reinstall the game to get back to a working ver 1.0.3.6 and then reload the 1.0.3.6 patch.

I bought the WoP release over a year ago and frankly gave up on it after two months because of game issues and near absence of Dev response. Fast forward to the past few months and what a difference with multiple patches (mostly geared toward Multiplayer) from the Dev's. With or without TrackIR, Wings of Prey game play grahics are really outstanding IMO. The building detail at low level is very complex. And coupled with the scenery it makes for a fun game to fly.

Just to mention, I was one of the many that had been waiting for 6 years for the now-dubbed Cliffs of Dover but thankfully didn't jump on the released version which is as buggy as a hot summer night - and still is even with the latest patch. From what I've read to date Cliffs of Dover is as much a beta game release as WoP was a year ago.