Sign in to follow this  
Slartibartfast

Osama and Facebook...

VR, Osama had that on his head for years.

:grin:

I'm glad someone explained that...cause Bounty in the states is a paper towel...

FC

Actually, back in the late 80's / early 90's it was briefly advertised here in the states. I remember seeing it on tv and in grocery stores.

I saw a funny one...it was a Goldfish Food box, with a pic of OBL on the front.

The writing on the box read:

"Fish Food....WARNING...May contain traces of Lead"

What is it? :grin:

its a mode of transportation with wings and some engines but thats not important now...............:grin:

Humorous stuff in here, but I would very much have liked them to bring OBL in alive. I can only imagine, given what has been learned from perusal of his notes/computers/etc, what he might have been able to tell intelligence agencies.

<on edit>

And, thereafter, it would have been proper and fitting to have tried OBL for his role in the criminal acts that occurred, not only in America, but in Kenya and so forth.

Edited by themightysrc

My only requirement if he had been brought back alive was for him to be tried in Military Court for Crimes against Civilians which for the deaths of those who died in 9/11 and following would still have had him up against a wall and shot...

Nope, firing squad is for soldiers, not for rich sissies wich dont find a meaning to their lives. Fry the fokker in a chair, i would have said.

I don't care where he's buried, as long as he is buried.

I saw that one a week or so ago, and started using it then. Great sig pic.

Hi Al,

"He couldn't be brought back alive, suppose he wasn't talkative. How could he be forced to talk . . Harsh Language and Loud Rock music . . anything else is Torture"

You're assuming that only beating, waterboarding or whatever would be effective. I suggest that you read of the methods employed by British military intelligence in WW2 when trying to get people to talk.

"Surely Bin Laden WAS the leader of Al-Quida ONCE. But now he's in a compound with two analog TV's with rabbit ears, no telephone lines, his only contact with the outside world is by currier carried thumb drives"

Apparently not so, if we are to believe what's already been recovered from the materials taken out after the raid.

"Plus IF he was brought back alive, he'd be sent to GITMO.

With the Best Lawyers in existence, what would we do if a Federal Judge declared him innocent"

I think it would have been better to have a trial. I would suggest that even the finest lawyers in the USA - and I'm sure that they're the best in the world - would have had an unenviable task defending OBL against charges brought. Ironically, it would probably have been easier to convict him on the basis of materials recovered than for his participation - even by proxy - in 911. But I suspect that a conviction would have followed, although I'm sure that someone, somewhere is breathing a sigh of relief over the now obviated need to find a jury of people who hadn't been influenced by the media, and would, therefore, prove to be impartial.

Hey guys, this thread isn't supposed to go in any political direction. We have another one for that elsewhere. This thread is supposed to take a comical take on what happened. Not saying that anybody has done anything wrong. However, once politics or opinions on how things should have been taken care of start getting posted, things tend to take a more serious route - which leads to a thread getting locked or moved to the Arena (which I don't have access to because I could care less on political squabbling). So lets try to divert to a less serious atmosphere with this thread.

"So lets try to divert to a less serious atmosphere with this thread"

Would you consider fish food and pork butt plug jokes to be in terribly good taste?

I have strong views on the entire subject of the alleged 'war on terror', and making jokes about it is fairly borderline in terms of propriety. If you think that the death of any person - no matter how awful the acts they've inculcated - is the stuff of humour, then I suggest that you have a word with yourself.

I'll probably bob over to the arena (wherever that is) to see if the content is as unashamedly gung ho as here. I hadn't realised that we were meant to be celebrating someone's death.

I have strong views on the entire subject of the alleged 'war on terror', and making jokes about it is fairly borderline in terms of propriety. If you think that the death of any person - no matter how awful the acts they've inculcated - is the stuff of humour, then I suggest that you have a word with yourself.

Um, ok...

Having word with myself...

Done...

No new results found...

Have a good day...

:good:

You have different views on things - so what that doesnt make you 'right' does it there are exceptions.

The world has spent the last 70 odd years taking the p*** out of Hitler!!! - that might but wrong to you - but as far as I'm concerned there is no way I am going to start feeling pity for these c****.

If you feel the need to vent where anything goes, just no racial slurs, or 4 letter words. Just stand ready to defend your views world wide http://quartermoonsaloon.com/forum/index.php

I won't be political HERE, however there exists so many contradictions in the OBL story, I feel the Pork Butt PLUG Belongs

Great - well head on over there :bye:

"So lets try to divert to a less serious atmosphere with this thread"

Would you consider fish food and pork butt plug jokes to be in terribly good taste?

I'll probably bob over to the arena (wherever that is) to see if the content is as unashamedly gung ho as here. I hadn't realised that we were meant to be celebrating someone's death.

OBL was an asshole murdering freak and Im glad he's dead and I celebrate and make jokes about it. He was not a fellow human being he was a freakin' monster.

Had a word with myself this morning... still me black sense of humour and everything still working...

In my view the guy deserved topping and thats from info I know about and yes I do joke about it and to be honest I tend to find most military ex-miltary types have that dark sense of humour as to sometimes do what they do and what I did I needed it... Osama bin fishfood yes I will joke about it and will do so... as has been said Hilter is still the butt of jokes nowadays... He's dead and your not and I respect your view unlike him he wouldn't have done but sent a suicide bomber to blow up your house etc... because you believe differently... end of Rant...

Now back to the Jokes...

Knock knock who's there???

Now back to the Jokes...

Knock knock who's there???

Special delivery!!! :grin:

"In my view the guy deserved topping and thats from info I know about and yes I do joke about it"

Looking back from nearly a year after, would you say that his being killed by American troops (and the subsequent revelations regarding the whole operation) still sustain your view, or do you think that it might have been useful to capture him alive, as opposed to indulging in what can only be described as a judicial execution?

The facts have become clearer, and it's apparent that there was no intention to capture bin Laden and find out what he knew. Also, the facts regarding his existence in Pakistan, and who knew, are extremely embarrassing to various governments and agencies.

My view has not changed. Has yours altered at all?