Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Nazi brought to Justice

5 Years.... :blink:

Ok, the guy is 91 years old, but

under justice i understand something else....

• Like 1

I dont care how old you are, for such a serious crime, you deserve to be hunted for the rest of your life if you are a coward enought to flee from your responsibility.

Edited by JonathanRL
  • Like 1

He won't even go to jail, as he's to old and his defense is going to appeal the conviction... :[ Also, I find it very disturbing that the defense claims that Demjanjuk himself is a victim of the Nazis since he was recruited from a POW camp, placing him on the same level as the Jewish Sonderkommandos, despite the fact that the Trawniki guards were armed and trained in executions.

• Like 1

Considering the likelihood that he'll die well before his sentence is over, I would call it a fail. It only matters when you're taking their freedom away and altering their future. The guy lived his life. Now he may spend the last few years in a true prison instead of a nursing home pseudo-prison? Big deal.

I dont care how old you are, for such a serious crime, you deserve to be hunted for the rest of your life if you are a coward enought to flee from your responsibility.

F'an A right!

• Like 1

At the very least he's been publicly shamed, and hopefully that will give him a much less satisfying exit off this earth when he dies soon. Imagine had he got away with it completely, the bastard could leave with a smile on his face thinking "yes", hopefully now not so easy for him.

UK::

They must be running out of old crony's to hunt down by now surely?

According to the article, this is a new legal argument, now going down to guards, who would be younger and more numerous than the old cronies.

Here is the intriguing take out...

Cornelius Nestler, a lawyer for families of Sobibor victims who joined the trial as co-plaintiffs, said on Wednesday that "if there is a verdict for accessory to murder because one was a guard in a camp where many people were killed, it could be a beginning of new last wave of many [such] proceedings".