Sign in to follow this  
serg900232005

Carrier Landings not right

If anyone can help me that'd be cool, I seem to be having a problem with the planes landing on carriers, when i try to land on the carrier the jet slows, drops beneath the deck and tumbles and explodes. I tried to look for help by reading but couldnt find anything on it. Its WOE with the 08 patch. Thanks

Sounds like you need to add power to the mix, remember with your gear, flaps, and hook down along with maybe your speed brakes your airspeed and performance is going to go right into "coffin corner", you'll need to be on your throttle constantly. If you have ever heard a real carrier landing the engines are constantly spooling up and down to keep from stalling out and going into the water or worse into the round down or fantail. Try this, let the auto pilot take you in a couple of times, you can always override it if you need to, but watch the power settings speed and when the plane starts going dirty. After a few times you should get the hang of it.

I apologize, I probably didnt explain correctly, I added the OTCigar campaign and the carriers are blurry and the plane wont stay atop the deck, it falls thru the deck inside the ship and explodes either on start of mission or during a landing. I tried adding carriers seperately to fix the problem, the blurriness went away but the jets still keep doing the same thing. During start of mission the jets are not on the catapult they just kind of jump up a couple of times and fall right through the inside of the carrier and explode. Everything else is fine with the campaign, the airfields,the targets,weapons, jets all good in working order. Maybe a bug, not sure.

that's because the OTC setup predates the 08 patch, and won't properly work it in. Without a complete rebuild....well, you get the picture

wrench

kevin stein

that's because the OTC setup predates the 08 patch, and won't properly work it in. Without a complete rebuild....well, you get the picture

wrench

kevin stein

If that is the case try to do an install of the game in another location, like an external drive, a large capacity thumb drive or a partition and then either not patch that install or use just the first patch if it's even available anymore. If I recall OTC came out around the time of the first patch.