Sign in to follow this  
tn_prvteye

May 11 updates out now!

Well... looks like I'm waiting still... no rush now.

Same will I do!

re-installing ...

this patch wont allow me to change the year in the main menu, and it broke all my plans of multinational mission!

I don't know, try dropping an empty aluminum tank several feet long from an altitude of several thousand feet going several hundred miles an hour to land right next to you. I bet it makes a big sound. :grin:

It may have been a CAT packing oversight on TK's part but I've just noticed that the F-4B_65 has joined the A-6A as an AI only aircraft. Double checked all the CAT files and no sign of the cockpit INI, although the F-4B_65 directory file states that there is one. Strange.....

In the meantime I've substituted with the earlier F-4B cockpit.

I don't know, try dropping an empty aluminum tank several feet long from an altitude of several thousand feet going several hundred miles an hour to land right next to you. I bet it makes a big sound. :grin:

No it makes nice fireball that two heat seeking missiles after you fly through and continue the lockon flying at treetop level... oh, wrong movie :grin:

As for jettisoned ordnance I allways hated the short period of time it's presence in the world (defaults to 5sec, adjustable in one ini file) and missed sort of dust cloud (or water splash) at ground impact, so it's ok for me :good:

Just noticed a possible bug. When I'm running a CAS or Armed Recon mission with 4 or more planes in my flight, they jettison their A2G ordinance when I order them to "engage ground targets".

I watched as my flight of F-16s merrily dumped their AGM-65s and proceeded to strafe the tanks instead. Maybe showing off?

Anyone else notice this?

Oh, and you can change the time the drop-tanks last after you drop them. It's in the Aircraftobject.ini file. I think it's the "debris" time.

Edited by tn_prvteye

Oh, and you can change the time the drop-tanks last after you drop them. It's in the Aircraftobject.ini file. I think it's the "debris" time.

also all the parts detached due to damage of components, it's kinda cool to have wing flying towards ground long after it was torn of, I have mine set to 120 in one of my installs (seconds)

It may have been a CAT packing oversight on TK's part but I've just noticed that the F-4B_65 has joined the A-6A as an AI only aircraft. Double checked all the CAT files and no sign of the cockpit INI, although the F-4B_65 directory file states that there is one. Strange.....

In the meantime I've substituted with the earlier F-4B cockpit.

Sorted this little mystery out over at TW:

http://bbs.thirdwire...&p=51888#p51888

Actually, while I'm at it; has anyone been having problems with add-on skins for stock aircraft? I'm scratching my head cos although I've correctly typed and stated the service, squadron, etc. of the skin in the textureset and main aircraft INI folders, these supposedly stock squadrons won't show in the loadout directory. In these cases it won't even let me choose the squadron. One add on Marine skin won't even show the service! Here's what's prompted in the TextureSet and main F-4B_67 directory:

[TextureSet006]

Directory=111

Name=VF-111 Sundowners Hi Res

Nation=USN

Squadron=VF111

Specular=0.300000

Glossiness=0.750000

Reflection=0.000000

DecalNumberRandomize=TRUE

DecalNumberBlockSize=4

[TextureSet012]

Directory=531e

Name=VMFA 531 circa 1965

Nation=USMC

Squadron=VMFA531

Specular=0.300000

Glossiness=0.300000

Reflection=0.000000

DecalNumberBlockSize=4

[TextureSet014]

Directory=74

Name=VF-74 Bedevilers

Nation=USN

Squadron=VF74

Specular=0.300000

Glossiness=0.750000

Reflection=0.000000

DecalNumberBlockSize=4

........... and here's the screenshots of the loadout menu for those skins:

post-29988-0-60168600-1305820122.jpg

post-29988-0-85456600-1305820147.jpg

post-29988-0-85833600-1305820184.jpg

While the squadron won't show for the Hi-Res VF-111 skin, it'll show for the stock 'shark mouth' VF-111 skin. Weird, huh?:dntknw:

Edited by Piecemeal

Decals!

Before the May2011 Patch

</pic>

My F-16 with missing decalcs after the Strike Fighters 2 series May 2011 Update (440 MB) Patch :blink:

</pic>

Strange, my has decals showing up normally but not those like on the first picture :blink:

Why does every single piece of jettisoned ordnance, including tanks, goes "Boom!" when it touches the ground?

It was doing this in the last SF2 fully merged version - its not new

just noticted the TOD buildings that somebody mentioned (Stary? Brain?) ... it just looks 'odd' the way the fade in and out with distance. Trees are better, through

wrench

kevin stein

yes they fade the same way as trees IMO, I'm scratching my head trying to make them fade at longer (at least x2) distance instead. I like this fading, I just HATE anything that pop-up be it 2 or 12 kilometers away

Could somebody check for graphical anomalies when the free camera is placed at daytime high above a large city and then moved straight downward with TOD buildings and shadows fading into existence? Unlimited settings.

Odd. I don't see the missing decals issue. Is your install all-releases-merged?

Currently merged but I have tested it by installing SF2 Israel on its own & patching it up to May2011.

The decals were missing with both installs.

Strange, my has decals showing up normally but not those like on the first picture

Least you have decals.;-) Somthing would be a start for me.

What patch are you both using?

I’m convinced the May 2011 patch for all installs except Exp Pack 2 is breaking something.

SF

Could somebody check for graphical anomalies when the free camera is placed at daytime high above a large city and then moved straight downward with TOD buildings and shadows fading into existence? Unlimited settings.

True Gr.Viper I noticed this also, buildings already "faded away" but their shadows are still rendered with ugly flicker :dntknw:

yes they fade the same way as trees IMO, I'm scratching my head trying to make them fade at longer (at least x2) distance instead. I like this fading, I just HATE anything that pop-up be it 2 or 12 kilometers away

tried the adjustement too, still no joy

maybe it's time to make the right post on TK's forum to ask him about adjusting a higher fading distance?

some highly charged map before the patch looks somewhat empty now :blink:

I'm worried that this might be the permanent, untweakable TK's "solution" that solves the trees vs. clouds materials rendering bugs...

• Like 1

I'm worried that this might be the permanent, untweakable TK's "solution" that solves the trees vs. clouds materials rendering bugs...

Hey Stary did you notice new entries in the flightengine.ini?

What used to be before:

[FarSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=80000.0
NearClipDistance=3000.0

[NormalSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=14000.0
NearClipDistance=249.9

[NearSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=250.0
NearClipDistance=0.45

Is now...

[backgroundSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=80000.0
NearClipDistance=3000.0

[ForegroundSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=14000.0
NearClipDistance=0.45

[insideSceneClip]
FarClipDistance=250.0
NearClipDistance=0.01

Now while new naming may not mean anything at all the entries for the latter two are so different I wasn't sure how to modify them lol

I noticed them Brain, working on some cockpits as we speak, I have the outside fuselage/canopy mesh rendering without culling, so it must be this, I tried messing with these clipping settings to no avail. Only workable solution was to disable ShownFromCockpit entries in the aircraft I put my test work into.

With all the popular terrain/weather/treemods available is it so hard for TK to finally have a look at the alpha materials/z-buffer conflict? :this:

(as usual NOT being negative, the workable code for fading is something I allways wanted, but I'm trying to move the gddamn rendering a bit further past few evenings without luck. Checking the TerObjectAlpha.fx shader line by line, experimenting, nothing so far)

Actually, while I'm at it; has anyone been having problems with add-on skins for stock aircraft? I'm scratching my head cos although I've correctly typed and stated the service, squadron, etc. of the skin in the textureset and main aircraft INI folders, these supposedly stock squadrons won't show in the loadout directory. In these cases it won't even let me choose the squadron. One add on Marine skin won't even show the service!

Piecemeal,

Supposedly, your decals.ini files do not contain any nation or squadron specific entries (DecalLevel=0 and DecalLevel=1). It seems that after the patch these are supposed to be there in order to change the service and the squadron. This can be solved by adding ‘blank’ entries with nothing given in the ‘FilenameFormat=’ line.

Hi guys,

Am i missing something because I have done the old rename all mod folders, copy the Europe2.exe, rename to game mod, run game once, delete newly created folders and name the old ones back, it works because the patch date in the corner is May2011, but all the menu's and music is gone from the other mods. e.g. Falklands/korea/taiwan all have the SF2 intro screen and music. Any one else get this?

Also I have just found out that my control key commands for my CH products are not working. The assigned buttons are deleted from the assigned commands and are replaced with unassigned.

Edited by gillg

Is this a merged install?

Can you still see all the old custom installs in the Mod folder?

Do they still have the music files in etc?

but all the menu's and music is gone from the other mods. e.g. Falklands/korea/taiwan all have the SF2 intro screen and music.

Forgive me if I've misunderstood - but the Korea, Taiwan and Falklands mods come with their own CAT file for the menu screens and music, don't they?

TK has changed the format of the CAT files which means that a game patched up to the latest level will not read a CAT file packaged for an earlier version.

You could try using the old CAT extractor to unpack the Menu CATS and stick them in your Mods folder.

You could try using the old CAT extractor to unpack the Menu CATS and stick them in your Mods folder.

Nope, for the time being, only the new Thirdwire cat extractor will work, and all LOD files are now locked and inaccessible (thanks no doubt to those who ignored our warnings regarding distributing copywrited material).

Nope, for the time being, only the new Thirdwire cat extractor will work

Maybe I didn't explain myself properly.

gillg has several installed mods (eg. Modern Warfare Korea) made before the patch, that use cat files for menu images and sound (eg. for Korea it is called Module.MW.Korea.cat)

Being that this cat file was packaged before the latest patch, I was suggesting using the old cat extractor to extract the pix and sounds from this menu cat, then create a menu folder in his mods folder, drop the stuff in and see if that would work.