Sign in to follow this  
Stephen1918

Sikorsky S.16 in progress

The Sikorsky S.16 is coming along. I'm working on the cockpit now (tracking down Cyrillic instrument faces.) Then I need to tweak down the poly count, make the skins, and work on the data file. It will take another week at least.

This is my second plane and is a learning experience for me. If anyone has constructive criticism or comments on the Aviatik, please post them so I can learn to make better planes.

Thanks,

Stephen1918

post-67404-0-15805800-1305413131.jpg

Very cool Stephen1918! Add this one to some early Nieuports and SPAD7's and we have an early eastern front. Cant wait. Thanks a bunch.:drinks:

Great! Beautiful plane! The Sikorsky was a beautiful plane and you are a very fast worker.

I'm loving the Aviatik (my Austro-hungarian plane of choice now). I think it's a quality work. Waiting for any of your beautiful planes. Are you planning to make some new plane from scatch? I know it's a stupid question, because you have a lot of beautiful models to put in the sim, but I'd love a Hansa-Brandenburg CI, the true Austro Hungarian workhorse, used by some pilots even as "emergency fighter"...

Great! Beautiful plane! The Sikorsky was a beautiful plane and you are a very fast worker.

I'm loving the Aviatik (my Austro-hungarian plane of choice now). I think it's a quality work. Waiting for any of your beautiful planes. Are you planning to make some new plane from scatch? I know it's a stupid question, because you have a lot of beautiful models to put in the sim, but I'd love a Hansa-Brandenburg CI, the true Austro Hungarian workhorse, used by some pilots even as "emergency fighter"...

Ojcar,

I'm going to make a few more single seaters before I attempt a two seater. Making and rigging the gunner will require some brain sweat. I'm not opposed to making one from scratch and the HB CI would be fun to make.

Stephen1918

Thank you for your work. Whatever the plane you'll make, I'll fine with that! If you want some help (ini edits), I'll help you.

The Sikorsky is built and rigged and the exterior skin is finished. I'm working on the cockpit now. I should be done in a few more days.

post-67404-0-95647000-1305949911.jpg

post-67404-0-97648800-1305949978.jpg

• Like 1

What a beauty!!! Vey well done. Now, a couple of skins from Mr Quack, and We'll have perfection!

Nice and very exotic little plane !

Thanks Stephen for your superb job ! :good:

I don't think I have seen such quality done in such a short amount of time.Thank you for the excellent work.

Too bad there isnt a WWI Eastern Front map (yet). Actually, too bad there isnt a real Italian Front map either. I've tried to make one.Too hard for me to figure out. BTW the Sikorsky's looking awsome Stephen1918. Cant wait to fly it along with some Nieuports and a MoraneN. Even early SPAD7's all in Russian markings. Could open a whole nother theatre for FE

Too bad there isnt a WWI Eastern Front map (yet). Actually, too bad there isnt a real Italian Front map either. I've tried to make one.Too hard for me to figure out. BTW the Sikorsky's looking awsome Stephen1918. Cant wait to fly it along with some Nieuports and a MoraneN. Even early SPAD7's all in Russian markings. Could open a whole nother theatre for FE

I agree that an East European map would be great. That would get the Romanians, Bulgarians, and Turks involved too. Are there any map/campaign makers out there?

I've been interested in the fighting that took place in eastern Europe after WWI ended. The Poles, Ukrainians, Lithuanians, Czechs, and others fought several campaigns as they established their new borders. They all flew surplus planes from WWI. There's another theater for FE.

I've been interested in the fighting that took place in eastern Europe after WWI ended. The Poles, Ukrainians, Lithuanians, Czechs, and others fought several campaigns as they established their new borders. They all flew surplus planes from WWI. There's another theater for FE.

Yeah, the polish soviet war of 1919 would be a must IMO

Stephen1918, my deepest congrats!! No flaws and the skin is already marvelous!! Concerning the maps, maybe someone pick the Vogesen map and change the city names to match for the scenario you want. It's not geographically historical but I can live with that... :wink2:

All the terrain makers pretty much hang out in the SF forums.