Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

How to get by on Social Security Alone

Just saw this and saw this comment which is funny. Seems most people like this though:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnews/20110516/ts_usnews/howtoretireonsocialsecurityalone;_ylt=AvTsrXcgydnDUq_c_5iO82tn.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTNpNms5azFsBGFzc2V0A3VzbmV3cy8yMDExMDUxNi9ob3d0b3JldGlyZW9uc29jaWFsc2VjdXJpdHlhbG9uZQRjY29kZQNnbXBlBGNwb3MDNARwb3MDNARzZWMDeW5fdG9wX3N0b3JpZXMEc2xrA2hvd3RvcmV0aXJlbw--

Let's put the seniors in jail, and the criminals in a nursing home. This way the seniors would have access to showers,hobbies and walks, they'd receive unlimited free prescriptions, dental and medical treatment,wheel chairs and they would receive money instead of paying it out. They would have constant video monitoring so they could be helped instantly if they fell or needed assistance. Bedding would be washed twice a week and all clothing would be ironed and returned to them. A guard would check on them every twenty minutes and bring their meals and snacks to their cell. They would have family visits in a suite built for that purpose. They would have access to a library, weight room,spiritual counselling, pool and education. Simple clothing, shoes, slippers,PJ's and legal aid would be free on request. Each senior could have a PC a TV, radio and daily phone calls. Private secure rooms for all with an exercise outdoor yard with gardens. There would be a board of directors to hear complaints and the guards would have a code of conduct that would be strictly adhered to. ... ..The criminals would get cold food, be left alone and unsupervised. Lights off at eight PM and showers once a week. Live in a tiny room and pay $5000.00 per month and have no hope of ever getting out. .......Just a thought....

Wow!

Crystal clear, sour truth of how these systems work nowadays.

We as the younger generations should be ashamed...

You want to see just how insane things can get these days?

A few years ago i got arrested and spent 8 days in jail. I sure as hell had better food and got a better night's sleep than i ever got at home during that time. As a matter of fact, when i was homeless i knew of a few guys who had the tactic of getting locked up for a few weeks or months during the winter. "Three hots and a cot" we called it. Things were timed to avoid the worst weather. Jail was looked upon as just being in a enforced stay hotel.

I think it's brilliant! We should do that. Optionally, we could just contract out our prisons to the Russians. They would appreciate the extra money and our prisoners would get the best "prison care" to be had in the world...ahem.

Might just work, until the question is asked, how do the criminals come up with the $5000 per month rent dntknw.gif

By being forced to work for it, of course! 5K per month's rent equals minimum wage x 689 hours....wait a sec, there's just over 500 hours in an average month... I know, we'll just tack it on to their existing sentence! :good::drinks: