Sign in to follow this  
lederhosen

this computer ok for OFF?

Welcome to the OFF-Forum, lederhosen!

Did you find these at PC GAMES HARDWARE? They are said to have good sets.

After reading the specifications I would think they both would do the job fine.

But with Windows 7 64bit, I would go for 8 GB memory.

I noticed, that my 4 GB are getting quite hot - seems there is a lot to be loaded in OFF.

Another question would be: are 550W enough as a decent power supply?

But please wait for the answers of our experts - Parky, von Paulus, almccoyr and Widowmaker.

Will you come here more often? I would then like to add you to our "OFF Forum Pilots" maps;

if you send me a message with your town and country.

In case you are German and have a question you can't express in english, you could write it

in German - I would do my best to answer it then.

Edited by Olham

Salute

I'm a Canadian who got stranded in Germany 20+ years ago.

And yes, when I do buy a newer Rig then I will definately be hear more often.

I have OFF but my present Rig (P4+GS8400) just aint up to the job.

my problem is that I have to compramise because of funds, or lack there of. Wife and two kids are expensive.

Led

Edited by lederhosen

Okay that PC looks like it will run it fine... sa its nearly the same Spec as mine check also that it is a seperate Graphic's card and not an onboard type... If it is onboard you will need to get a graphic's card. Personally I would go for the slightly more expensive version as you get the extra RAM.

Welcome to the Forum and new boy buys the virtual drinks... Coffee and a Schnapps bitte! :drinks:

Adress wasn't needed - only your town. If you can, you should edit your post and delete the adress.

I have what I need.

And I'll add you to the map.

Oh, and newbie buys the drinks - I'll have a virtual Warsteiner Pilsener!

Olham advice about the Ram is right on. The windows 7 64 bit sucks up 1 GB by itself and as both Olham and

Slartibartfast mention Speed is the Thing.

Edited by carrick58

I put together a inexpensive, light gaming machine that I run XP 32 bit OS on. It runs OFF at some respectable FPS's. I'd recently discovered that my PCI-e slot for the video card frequency, was a bit slow, and was slowing OFF some, so I bumped it up with the tuning software that comes with the Gigabyte motherboard.

My system, if anything, is a bit slow compared to what others here in the forum use, but I still get 40 to 50 fps most times and it drops into the mid 20's when I've got a busy background like Mont St. Eloi airfield with 5 Fees waiting to take off.

My system is a Gigabyte M68-SP2, with a Athlon II XII 250, with 4 gigs of DDR2 800 mhz RAM, EVGA GeForce GT 430 1 Gig vid card, anda Western Digital 500 gig generic 7200 rpm SATA HDD, with a 450 watt PS. Frankly it runs so cool that it seems like the PS is overkill. The EVGA GT430 is considered one of the lowest current consuming video cards in the 1 Gig memory range of cards. It's not considered a powerhouse for gaming though. The Gigabyte M-68 series motherboard also has IDE slots, a floppy slot and com ports, so it's got a bit of old periphrial capability. That was nice as I've plugged in my old HDD to transfer files off of.

My system was about $345 US. It also runs all my legacy and Win 98SE vintage sims I've got at blazing speeds.

BTW welcome aboard and I'll take a Rogue Dead Guy Ale

Edited by Lewie

Salute

my "Bus" arrived yesterday. Been downloading hundreds of W7 updates. Finally got to install my Sims etc.

THe Rig is not what was posted at the beginning but it sure runs fine...thus far.

Just finished the 20vs20 D7vs Se5...wow! Fps avg.was around 60+, never under 40 and with no tearing with trackIR.

Going to have to get used to the all the keys though.

AMD 640 + GTS 450 + W7 64bit + 8 GB Ram

Sooooo, which patches do you guys use?

and just what is the "K vs K" campaign (short answer please)

danke

Mark

Patches?

Do you mean mods? I use Bletchley's mods for the various phases of the war.

The "Krauts vs Crumpets Campaign" settings and rules were thought out by Siggi;

they maybe best explained in his Post No. 54 in that thread:

http://combatace.com/topic/37440-off-campaign-did-standard-includes-campaign-krauts-vs-crumpets/page__view__findpost__p__261320