Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

Apparently cool Fokker film clips...

http://www.geschiedenis24.nl/nieuws/2011/mei/Fokker-bouwt-vliegtuigen-voor-de-Duitsers.html

Got this from another website (Aerodrome) and about half the posters say its very cool footage.

The other half (like me) cannot see and/or watch them due to the format being used (Silverlight?) but from the still shots that someone posted from them it looks like quite the treasure trove of Fokker development and testing of all sorts of his aircraft.

Good luck!

This is a real pity, that they used a format that so many people don't seem to use - I too can't watch them.

Very interesting. 1916 - 1924 in particular. Downloading Silverlight is a matter of moments... and you can always uninstall it afterwards if you'd rather not have any more Microsh*te on your box.

Thank you, Shiloh - now I can watch it at least. Still don't hear anything.

It's great to see, when they show the Barograph, and then climb into the Eindecker!

Thank you, Shiloh - now I can watch it at least. Still don't hear anything.

It's great to see, when they show the Barograph, and then climb into the Eindecker!

I think only the first one has sound as it appears to be a documentary.

I don't think you're supposed to hear anything, Olham. Those old cameras didn't have sound recording equipment (the technology existed, but was heavy and impractical), so all the sounds had to be added later in a studio.

Very interesting films, especially those from the factory. :drinks:

Olham: I got it to play its a Fokker Tri motor. On an historical note, There was a Tri Motor ( Ford I think) that used to fly every 3 months or so out of the local Airport, ( It was rumored to have been used for weekend flights for by a Mile High Club back in the 1950 s) Sadly, The Aircraft caught a gust of wind on take off back in 2009 and went end over end, No one was killed but the A/c was just broken bits Kinda like the one in the Vid