Sign in to follow this  
Olham

"Halcyon Halberstadt"

Just found this nice little watercolour painting over at the aerodrome:

Yes, beautiful. If I were a rich man, I'd hire an artist to paint me such works of arts and then decorate my apartment walls with them.

Well, you could buy prints from James Dietz or others.

I wonder how much they take for a good print, and then for the original painting.

Yes, beautiful. If I were a rich man, I'd hire an artist to paint me such works of arts and then decorate my apartment walls with them.

Ditto!

Allan Forbes is a very good artist in my opinion, especially as he's not long been at it. Being a photographer by trade he has an excellent eye for composition. I liked the attached of his so much that I commissioned a print of it from him. Again, being a photographer, he has very good printing facilities. Heavy duty paper, fantastic colour... £35 incl. postage. Worth every penny. Plus, he's a damned nice chap.

BTW, the trench layout in the painting is as accurate as Al's study of trench maps for the area could make it.

A View from Valhalla.jpg

Edited by Dej