Sign in to follow this  
ravenclaw_007

separate SF2 installation

i have a full merged SF2 installation with expansion-pack 1 and 2 and i now would like to have a seperate SF2I + expansion-pack1 installation as basis for a WWII sim , does anybody know how i can setup this up without destroying my original installation :blink:

i try this now twice but i cant find a way :dntknw:

simplest way is to use current installation's StrikeFighters2 Exp2.exe file to create new install -to do so copy this file (StrikeFighters2 Exp2.exe) and rename the copy to for example WW2.exe. Then run it -after briefly doing nothing (in fact it does create new folder called as the exe WW2 in your Saved Games folder, where all the SF-related mod folders reside) it will run. Close. Now go to your user/saved games/Thirdwire/ and locate newly created WW2 folder -you may want to delete all the stock Aircraft and Ground Objects folders (so these won't be seen or used by game engine). Next locate Options.ini in this WW2 folder and change the patches references at the bottom of the file (if they don't already point to ...Saved games/Thirdwire/WW2/)

that's quick and dirt, but easy way to create new separate install. This install is at the same patch-level as was the StrikeFighters2 Exp2.exe when you copied and renamed it :good:

thanks that is realy easy , if i use the exp2.exe will the exp.1 automatically be included or do i have to do it with the exp.1 only the reson here is that i like to use the models that are in exp.1 only plus some third-party mods and terrains

i just tried it and it is not working , i get a error message "Strikefigters2 Israel is not funktioning any more" it still creates the the WWII folder in the saved game folder but all folders are empty

i dont know if it has anything to do with it but i use win7

me on 7 too -are you launching then the game using the new WW2.exe? Do you have any new (era-specific) planes added to the Aircraft folder?

Hmmm... works for me.

And yes if you use SF2 Expansion2.exe it does have all titles + both xp included.

so does the main SF2 exe ... it access all merged titles (that what we've been using for KAW and in my case, all my WW2 install)

wrench

kevin stein

• Dislike 2

right Kevin, SF2 also, my bad

Sounds very easy, I think I´ll do that for a Korea Install.

So what was now the fault that it did not wored for Volker?