Sign in to follow this  
Andy73

Sliders up to 4 or 5

Hello Guys :drinks:

Since I've got my new Graphics-Card (GTX460) my rig is running fine, OFF looks great. I simply love it :wub:

But I still have the Problem that I can't set all sliders up to 4 or 5, because my System is still running with an "old" Dual-Core with 2.8 GHZ. When I set the Scenery Detail up to 4, I've got stutters when I fly close to the Ground.

What am I doing wrong?

Aircraft Slider is on 5

Terrain Slider is on 3

Scenery is on 2

Effects are on 5

Clouds are on 5

It runs fine with 40-60 FPS. I've set the Priority up to High with Task-Manager, it runs as Administrator and I've set several different Settings in the Overrides again and again.

Why can't I push the Scenery up to 4? It's a riddle to me, I've tried so much settings, Ive read and searched nearly everything here on this Board, but nothing really helps.

I know OFF loves Speed, so I think the next Step MUST be a new Motherboard. Is this the Solution? A faster CPU?

I know OFF runs on one Core an needs lot of Speed. Please tell me how did you all make the Game running smoothly with full Details? :shok:

Greetz Andy

Hello Guys :drinks:

Since I've got my new Graphics-Card (GTX460) my rig is running fine, OFF looks great. I simply love it :wub:

But I still have the Problem that I can't set all sliders up to 4 or 5, because my System is still running with an "old" Dual-Core with 2.8 GHZ. When I set the Scenery Detail up to 4, I've got stutters when I fly close to the Ground.

What am I doing wrong?

Aircraft Slider is on 5

Terrain Slider is on 3

Scenery is on 2

Effects are on 5

Clouds are on 5

It runs fine with 40-60 FPS. I've set the Priority up to High with Task-Manager, it runs as Administrator and I've set several different Settings in the Overrides again and again.

Why can't I push the Scenery up to 4? It's a riddle to me, I've tried so much settings, Ive read and searched nearly everything here on this Board, but nothing really helps.

I know OFF loves Speed, so I think the next Step MUST be a new Motherboard. Is this the Solution? A faster CPU?

I know OFF runs on one Core an needs lot of Speed. Please tell me how did you all make the Game running smoothly with full Details? :shok:

Greetz Andy

BHaH is very CPU intensive due to the amount of activity that is modeled, especially over the front lines, near airfields, in giant furrballs. CPU speed of 3.2 was the minimum acceptable speed for my rig...I'm currently overclocked to 3.6 and it's about perfect..

Terrain and Scenery sliders makebig demands on the GPU. The FAQ at http://www.overflandersfields.com/FAQ.htm#Installation_and_settings recommends these sliders be set to 3 or 4. I have a decent setup, and can run them at 5, but I have no lags or stutters when they are at 3.

Thanks Guys :good:

Well I'm playing OFF with an High-End Monitor, Resolution is 1920 x 1080 (1080p) with HDMI. The Graphics are outstanding, no Problem :grin:

Don't understand me wrong! I CAN play Over Flanders Fields with all Sliders up to 5, but I hate these little stutters close to the ground, it makes one sick having a dogfight at low Altitude :blink:

With my System set the Terrain and Scenery to 2 or 3 and it runs perfectly.

I think I have to get a faster CPU then. 6 GB of RAM are already here :yes:

Thanks Guys :good:

Well I'm playing OFF with an High-End Monitor, Resolution is 1920 x 1080 (1080p) with HDMI. The Graphics are outstanding, no Problem :grin:

Don't understand me wrong! I CAN play Over Flanders Fields with all Sliders up to 5, but I hate these little stutters close to the ground, it makes one sick having a dogfight at low Altitude :blink:

With my System set the Terrain and Scenery to 2 or 3 and it runs perfectly.

I think I have to get a faster CPU then. 6 GB of RAM are already here :yes:

My last rig ran BHaH pretty well with a 2.8GHz processor and ATI 4870 with sliders turned down like your. The 5770 I use now is actually a little slower than the 4870, but moving up to 3.6GHz with faster memory and the latest graphics drivers made a huge difference.

Those stutters are more pronounced when close to the ground, especially near airfields.

Have you turned down Workshop settings like Ground Object Density and Regional Air Activity and In Cloud Fog?

Edited by BirdDogICT

Yes I've turned down these Settings, Ground Object Density is Low, In Cloud Fog is off. Air Activity is Medium. Aircraft Skins are Normal.

The Game runs smoothly :salute: