Sign in to follow this  
Fates

BMW 5 Refuel Commercial

Just seen this for the first time this morning.....had to laugh.

I thought it was pretty cool...........and the coffee was great touch

There was a proposal (late 70s?) to try to make special refueling trucks that could go fast enough to refuel an aircraft from the ground while the aircraft flew inverted. The artist concept I saw showed an F-15 upside down over a tanker truck with a refueling boom between them. Obviously, it didn't go past the discussion stage as it was obvious that the truck would have to be very fast and have a very long level run to be able to keep up with a jet fighter. Meanwhile, the fighter would have to be at the edge of a stall while trying to maneuver for the boom while inverted! I don't know who proposed it, but it never should have even reached the artist concept phase!

And there was me thinking they where going to soak the guy in the car... grrr

Who was the boom operator? Anyone we know? :rofl:

They are both great...but the Citroen commercial had me holding my sides. The carrier shot made my day!!!