Sign in to follow this  
Lexx_Luthor

How do you get into F-94 ?

I've always read about this. Joe Baugher (F-94A/B):: The pilot and radar operator found that the cockpit was too narrow for them to be able to get in and out of the aircraft quickly during alerts and scrambles.

Here something interesting. At 0:07, the pilot seems fine, the radar fella, not so good.

However, that's the canopy getting in the way, and if Joe is right, the pilot may have had to shoehorn himself into the "narrow" cockpit as well. If the radar operator can get past the canopy, his struggle may have only just begun.

How do you get in that thing?

well, you could leave the parachute inside the cockpit if you can strap it up properly inside the plane, so it would help a little. Or...you could get to the manufacturer and kick his bawls till he fixes it.

Flogger, in a Zero, i think you could only be 165 cm tall (5 feet 6 inches, for americans), an M41 Walker Bulldog tank was unconfortable for anyone taller than 175 cm, i think, and the last time i was in a sub, i had my brains beaten up by any single hatch i went through. So, being short is underrated.

Could make perfect plane for women. Real daily "is my bum too big" test that doesn't lie.

"is my bum too big" test that doesn't lie.

Indeed. That test can't lie.

Okay, add handles to the lower canopy side frame, and you can swing in feet first, hopefully not putting a boot through the rubber radar boot into the screen.