Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

Return of the King: Extended Edition

Geeks and movie buffs rejoice, for the Official Lord of the Rings website has the Return of the King: Extended Edition trailer up in Quicktime for you to view. There's a small version (4MB) and a larger version weighing in at 9MB. Lot's of great new footage! :biggrin:

The normal Theatre version was extended enough for me....LOL

<C>

Fates

:shok: Looks like lots I've GOT to see in the extended version. I've got all the others, gotta get this one.

DON'T WATCH IT!!!!

It is full of spoilers! If you want to be surprised, don't watch it. The trailer kinda summed up all the extended scenes.

VVanks, don't you just hate it when the marketing gurus do this? It's like, "ok, so I'm paying extra to see what I just saw?" Grrr... Many times I've gone to the theatre to watch a comedy because of a couple of good trailers that I've previewed, only to find that the funniest jokes were the ones we already watched in the preview!

Yep. Definitely throwing down some hard-earned cash for this puppy... to complete the Extended Edition collection I have.

Although some of my friends are waiting for the complete 3-set, uber-boxed, ultra-magnum, mondo-mega release to come out. I presume that this ed. will have even more footage and interviews and director's blurbs, etc. etc.

VVanks, don't you just hate it when the marketing gurus do this?  It's like, "ok, so I'm paying extra to see what I just saw?"  Grrr...  Many times I've gone to the theatre to watch a comedy because of a couple of good trailers that I've previewed, only to find that the funniest jokes were the ones we already watched in the preview!

Yep.  Definitely throwing down some hard-earned cash for this puppy... to complete the Extended Edition collection I have.

Although some of my friends are waiting for the complete 3-set, uber-boxed, ultra-magnum, mondo-mega release to come out.  I presume that this ed. will have even more footage and interviews and director's blurbs, etc. etc.

Yeah, I downloaded it to see if it was good. Instead, it showed me the coveted Mouth of Sauron, the Scene between Aragorn and the Palantir and Gandalf vs. the King of all Wraiths. I wanted to be amazed when I finally put that DVD into my player, and watch it for the first time. Now, I feel like I'm buying the ROTK:EE DVD for collection reasons. Couldn't they have made it like the Starwars teasers? Where they showed about 1 second of footage interlaced with a lot of fading in, fading out and coinciding with Darth Vader's breathing?

Here's what I would've done:

Low Drum Roll like the army of Sauron in ROTK

Title:

Return of the King: Extended Edition

Fade in:

Gandalf and Merry on the horse, but don't show the Nazgul king.

Fade out

Fade in:

Frodo and Sam

Fade out

Fade in:

Aragorn and the palantir but nothing afterwards

Fade out

Fade in:

The mouth of sauron standing far away so it's out of focus.

Fade out

And flash Sauron's One eye

End title;

Coming December

and with the Bam bum, bam bum LOTR music from the Fellowship of the Rings when Sauron first appears.