can anybody give me a hint what causes a aircraft on the end of the catapult not to take off but to make a loop and to explode ???? :dntknw:

Well, specify ship and game (SFP 1 or 2, WOE atc ?)......according to picture i guess it is some stock US Carrier and addon Buccaneer ? I play SFP1 only, Wings Over Vietnam and Wing over Europe. All of them modified to latest version and with a lot of addons. When I depart with F-8 crusader from addon Argentine or French carriers, they make the same "jump and boom" take-off. I mean, wing man do that. I can handle the situation by dont touching stick before i left deck..so, specify what kind of instalation do you have.

i think i found the problem it is something with the ShockStroke , SpringFactor and DampingFactor from the nosewheel , i do now change the values antil i get a result that is satisfactory

Edited by ravenclaw_007

...yes. It struck me later, after I had posted reply, that you had problem with your own modded buccaneer. Can you give report and description where to change what ? And how much ? It seems that i have same problem with Crusaders ond addon carriers (Argentine Ara de Mayo and French flattops from Aleks1 website) Other aircrfat are fine, but Crusaders just jump and explode. It´s quiet essential to have f-8 flyable because I´m trying to make some historical and "what if" missions for french navy. I´m definitely not skilled in modding and my highest achievement was change of some data files for addon object and aircraft, so forgive me my lame questions.

...yes. It struck me later, after I had posted reply, that you had problem with your own modded buccaneer. Can you give report and description where to change what ? And how much ? It seems that i have same problem with Crusaders ond addon carriers (Argentine Ara de Mayo and French flattops from Aleks1 website) Other aircrfat are fine, but Crusaders just jump and explode. It´s quiet essential to have f-8 flyable because I´m trying to make some historical and "what if" missions for french navy. I´m definitely not skilled in modding and my highest achievement was change of some data files for addon object and aircraft, so forgive me my lame questions.

this are no lame questions quite the contrary , it took me (with the kind help of Amokfloo) yesterday several hours to figure out that the reson was the "Tailskid" so i had to remove them after this everything is ok now

as for the F-8 witch F-8 is not working ?? all the F-8 versions i have do take off perfectly

Well, I mean Mirage Factory French Crusader. But I have also tried F-8j from Mirage, but no stock F-8 from thirdwire. Aircraft carrier is Argenitne Ara de Mayo or French carriers downloaded from Aleks1 website. There is Clemencau and Foch and both of them cause same departing problem to Crusader. Other aircraft depart without problem. I gues..might be it connected with extra long fuselage and short undercarriage of crusader ?

Summary : game sys : WOE modded to latest standard, map is Libya or Eritrea

stock carriers no problem

addon ships (French one from Aleks1 website are not officialy finished, I guess) cause catastrophic launch, usually in 3 of 5 launches

no other aircraft which I have tried have same problem, they are : Skyhawk, Etendarde, Wixen, Tracker, Skyrider

I tried all kind of combination of load, speed of wind atc.

all problem are experienced by AI controlled flights or wingman, human pilot can depart normaly if dont touch stick before plane leave the deck

( I also guess, maybe cat is throwing out plane to hard and crusader hit the deck with long tail part ? )

( I also guess, maybe cat is throwing out plane to hard and crusader hit the deck with long tail part ? )

that is something you should look in as i mention above on my buccaneer it was the tailskid that caused the problem after removing the entry it worked ok , but i rather would say check the carrier than the aircraft since i try both the stock and the MF F-8 and i had no problem with the launch

...thanx for reply. Will check my wingman again.