Sign in to follow this  
DukeIronHand

Small campaign quirks

Just got back from a flight and fight with 60 Squadron on March 9 1917.

1) Notice that in the duty room Billy Bishop was called "Major" (his final wartime rank and he only got to Captain while with 60 Squadron IIRC) and was leading a flight (presumably because of this rank) with zero kills to his credit.

Of course he was a Lieutenant at this time. Anyway to have the rank corrected? To have it advance historically would be nice!

2) Notice that their are usually (always?) two flights per mission for the squadron with both apparently having the same objective, i.e., the whole squadron is on the same mission. Of course there were squadron size patrols but not always - is this a coincidence or will you sometime see flights with different objectives? Are there always two flights flying per squadron?

3) On the subjects of flights is it possible to change "Flight 1" and "Flight 2" to "A Flight" and "B Flight" via a .xml edit? If so, through the magic of JSGME I could have another one file for the Kettes of the Jastas.

I have done a lot of little things with a .xml editor and, with JSGME, I have a "mod" that I use when I fly German and another when I fly Allied. A lot of minor tweaks can be done if you know where to look.

Hi Duke,

All the pilots in OFF are shown with their final rank, while serving at the Front. We do not currently have any way of advancing them, as they did historically ( and if we did, it would take me another year of writing datafiles to do it - we currently have 1900 historical pilots). It would be nice, but we are struggling as it is.

Cheers,

shredward

I looked pretty well at the .txt and .xml files last night for the above.

Could not find anything but of course in some of the files the numbers you are looking at is not always easy to decipher what they mean.

*Sigh*

Just got back from a flight and fight with 60 Squadron on March 9 1917.

1) Notice that in the duty room Billy Bishop was called "Major" (his final wartime rank and he only got to Captain while with 60 Squadron IIRC) and was leading a flight (presumably because of this rank) with zero kills to his credit.

Of course he was a Lieutenant at this time. Anyway to have the rank corrected? To have it advance historically would be nice!

2) Notice that their are usually (always?) two flights per mission for the squadron with both apparently having the same objective, i.e., the whole squadron is on the same mission. Of course there were squadron size patrols but not always - is this a coincidence or will you sometime see flights with different objectives? Are there always two flights flying per squadron?

3) On the subjects of flights is it possible to change "Flight 1" and "Flight 2" to "A Flight" and "B Flight" via a .xml edit? If so, through the magic of JSGME I could have another one file for the Kettes of the Jastas.

I have done a lot of little things with a .xml editor and, with JSGME, I have a "mod" that I use when I fly German and another when I fly Allied. A lot of minor tweaks can be done if you know where to look.

1) Not at this moment in time no.

2) Not always the case sometimes 1 sometimes 2.

3) Yes lots of improvments for P4.

HTH

WM

1) Not at this moment in time no.

2) Not always the case sometimes 1 sometimes 2.

3) Yes lots of improvments for P4.

HTH

WM

Thank you for the info Winder.

Oh, just let me throw out here that if I die before P4 is released I am going to be mighty P.O.'ed.

So...