Sign in to follow this  
NotarySojac

Moving OFF to a new PC - how do I preserve my pilot logs?

Go to: \CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\Pilots

You'll find there the Claims, Log and Dossier files of your pilots, to copy and transfer them to your new installation...

or you can copy the whole Pilots folder and paste it into the above directory of your new installation as well. :salute:

Edited by elephant

That will not be enough.

There are data saved under "(your computer name) > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields".

And even if you save and replace those, it might still not work. But it's worth a try.

"For a very good reason . . . . You Can't . . Not as a designed feature anyway"

OUCH!!

I have five pilots carefully nurtured and built up in the few months I have been flying OFF.

Can you point me to any discussions of this topic?

Welcome to OFF, Notary Sojac!

If you send me a message with your town and country, I'll add you to our OFF Pilots maps.

Notary Sojac, start by following Elephant's advice and save a copy of your entire 'Pilots' folder from your old install. After you have installed OFF into your new PC and have it all set up and running properly you can try this method: Create a new pilot with the exact same beginning points as one of your saved pilots, being sure that you match the pilot's number. So, for example, if the first saved pilot you wish to recreate was "Pilot4" in your old install you will want to make him "Pilot4" in your new install, which will require that you create "Pilot2" and "Pilot3" first, (there is no "Pilot1"). Match the pilot's name, start date, squadron, and rank exactly. Now then, launch OFF and fly your new pilot long enough to get a confirmed kill. Once you have done that you should be able to take your pilot's old dossier, log, and claim files from your old saved "Pilots" folder and swap them for the new ones, (but be sure to save a copy of the new ones just in case). Do this one pilot at a time until you have all your old pilots "moved" to your new install. I can't say for sure that this will work for you, but it did work for me.

Good Luck NS, and welcome to the OFF forums. New lads buy the drinks!

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

Geeze - that's bad luck after all that comotion, UncleAl! I suppose it was you?

Never having done it before is really all that complicated?

HPW's OFF back-up program just copies the Pilot folder and reportedly that is all you need to keep your pilots unless, of course, I am completely misunderstanding one of the main points of the program.

The other copied files do not appear to be pilot related.

I transfered my Pilot across installs when I updated from Windows XP to Windows 7 (which requires you to reinstall software) and the transfer went ok using the above methods (ie copy your Pilot files and your Documents or AppData files - then making a Pilot with exactly the same name and in exactly the same number 'slot' in the new install and copying the files over) and haven't had any problems.